LOGIN
Lake-Link

Matched Pair Batteries

4/18/15 @ 5:50 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I'm upgrading some batteries in my boats. Both are 12 volt systems but one has factory connections for two deep cycle batteries. I plan to put the deep cycle battery that's in my bigger boat into my smaller up north boat. I then plan to get two new batteries for my bigger boat that has the two sets of cables. I've been told to get a "matched set" of batteries. What does that mean? Bought on the same day? Same manufacture year/month? Consecutive serial numbers?

Thanks for your help.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/22/15 @ 1:44 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12
Exactly what Tommy Howell said below. Theo only thing that I would add is make sure the batteries ar the sam vintage. They do not have to be manufactured on the same date, go with two new batteries. Don't add a series 27 105 amp battery to a two year old series 27 105 amp batteris. Replace multiple batteris in pairs or sets for 36 volt systems. Yes this costs more up front, but will give you reliabilty down the road.

4/19/15 @ 5:55 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
It is same size and type but also get the manufacture dates as close together as possible. You don't want to match a series 31, 105 amp battery made in March of 2015 with a series 31, 105 amp battery that was made in December of 2007. When buying new get a pair that has the same manufacture date sticker on them.

4/18/15 @ 9:19 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Just means same size and type. Example: series 31. Deep cycle 105 amp.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.