Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lund Impact

5/13/14 @ 1:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13
Just picked up my 1775 Impact a couple of weeks ago. Had it out a couple of times. Love the ride and features just had a couple of questions that others may be able to assist with.

1. The boat seems to load to one side on the trailer when driving on. I assume it may be wieght distribution. Any other ideas?

2. For the sport trak brackets I noticed that Scotty rod holder bases are too wide for the bracket. Any rod holders that work better?

3. Anyone add on some things that are useful for them (tackle systems, etc.)?

4. Anyone in the Milwaukee area that has a good handle on the iLink hook-ups and side imaging? I have looked at You Tube but they do not answer questions for you.

5. Rigging up a net holder so when I am musky fishing by myself I can use both hands. Any ideas?

Thank you

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/5/14 @ 5:56 AM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
6/3/14 @ 11:34 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
"Rigging up a net holder so when I am musky fishing by myself I can use both hands. Any ideas?"

This why God gave you knees...

6/3/14 @ 10:37 AM
jiggermeister
User since 1/8/10
I mounted a Frabill net holder onto a Lund sport trac. Drilled new holes in the net holder only used 2 nuts and bolts. It's very stable and looks like it belongs. The net holder also has to tool holding bracket for pliers or forceps.

5/14/14 @ 7:16 AM
RistoRap
User since 8/31/01
How far are you backing your trailer in? I have the same setup as you and don't have a problem. I back the trailer in all the way to get the bunks wet, then pull out so the top 1/3 of the fenders are above water. Drive on and it will center itself. I do have a kicker on the opposite side so that may help balance it out with me in the driver seat.

I have RAM rod holders mounted to the SportTrak brackets, you have to watch where you drill thru though as the brackets have a honeycomb type back to them which can make it tough to get a nut on the bolts.

5/13/14 @ 10:33 PM
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13
I have a shorelander bunk trailer with the factory load guides. I also drive on 99% of the time.

5/13/14 @ 8:11 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
Do you have bunk or a roller trailer? A cheap but good net holder is PVC. Paint the PVC and use plumper hanger to mount it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.