Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lund Boats

5/12/14 @ 10:10 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08
I was quite happy with my Lund boat until I heard reports on LL about transom issues. Does anyone know what years they supposedly used non treated wood in the transoms? How would a guy know if the transom is getting weak? I see that my Explorer has some pretty heavy braces on it. I would appreciate your comments or experiences. Lund

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/16/14 @ 8:38 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
One thing I did notice with my Lund was the holes that go tough the transom to let the water out was not sealed. I took the holes covers out and sure enough the wood was wet. I let the wood dry with the help from a fan, I then cleaned the area and added silicone sealant before the covers were reinstalled.

5/12/14 @ 7:10 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
in 2006 Lund went to treated wood and a life time warranty on any wood to the original owner. Before 2006 its a 10 year warranty on wood. To check your transom remove the screws on the top plate of the transom take a metal coat hanger cut it and poke one end down the screw holes and feel the wood. If the wood feel hard you are good. Take some 3m 5200 marine sealant fill in the holes before you screw in the screws. also run a beed of the sealant along the outside top edge.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.