Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Live well pump

7/2/18 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGNAL POST
rjdrez2
User since 12/1/06

My live well pump will not pump water into the well unless I disconnect the hose and re-attach it while it's on.  It's a new pump and it works so that's not the problem.  Any ideas or suggestions?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/10/18 @ 8:22 PM
vard
User since 10/17/10

Priming issues maybe? One of my livewell pumps would never flow until I primed it each time by literally blowing into the fill hole after turning it on.

I had read somewhere that the pump hose outlet needs to be oriented at the top so the pump primes properly. When I installed the new pump this way it now works perfectly every time I turn it on.

7/9/18 @ 12:11 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

It could be air bound. If there is a dip in the line that holds water the air in the line won't let water get to the pump impeller unless you back the boat up like Plumlk said and force water to the pump.

7/9/18 @ 11:01 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

That is a good thing to know

7/9/18 @ 9:29 AM
Cap'n
User since 2/19/05

Pump now running in right direction. Works great. Cannot believe after all this time that running in reverse was the problem.

Cappy

7/5/18 @ 4:46 PM
Cap'n
User since 2/19/05

It is possible that you have the wires crossed and it is running backwards. Just checked mine because it was not running right and it was hooked up in reverse. Will check when I get back to the lake. Bet it works a lot better now. :)

cappy

7/3/18 @ 10:53 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Intake blockage.  IMO.  Could be a difficult task to clear the line...mine runs from the stern 7' to my live well pump (6' lateral, 1' up).

7/3/18 @ 10:24 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

It sounds like it needs to be primed. 

The live well pump in my boat will not turn on unless I put the boat in reverse first while the pump is on.

This primes the pump, and off she goes. It may not be ideal, but it works for me, and it’s not too much trouble 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
7/2/18 @ 1:09 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

sounds like it could have a blockage at the livewell airator. I know my airator valve is adjustable by turning it. Mine was turned off when I got the boat. Do you have a screen on the intake to block big debris from getting in? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.