Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

kvd 999ci hd si humminbird problem

7/24/14 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGNAL POST
608FISHHAWK
User since 3/9/14
hey guys i need a little help. i got my unit installed on my boat and everything worked fine for about a month and now the unit some times say transducer not connected and when it reads my temperature don't reads. i tried calling hummingbird and they told me to make sure its in advanced mode and make sure the setting is on. which everything is set up good. do you guys think it could be my unit or my transducer any help would be great thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/15/14 @ 6:20 AM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
If you turn it off, then turn it back on, does the temperature come back?

Or if you unseat/re-seat it?

I've always had issues with the 6 and 7 series Humminbirds with them losing GPS connection (on 6 series) or locking up totally (7 series) due to power dropping too low when I turn key to start motor.

The way I fish I'm doing very short drives usually, not enough to keep battery fully charged. When I'm dragging kids tubing I don't have the problem.

8/14/14 @ 11:40 PM
back2it
User since 5/5/07
I had the same problem today all I had to do was remove it then put it back on pushing down to seat it . apparently I didn't have it on completely.

7/28/14 @ 11:22 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
sounds like it could be either, like you say, and contacting Humminbird support might be your best option... they've been very responsive to me

also, this site is excellent, have had questions answered here in usually a day or two

worth signing up for

http://bb.sideimageforums.com/

another good site

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ticnifvqdbppsconp0ss6bu4s3&

7/28/14 @ 9:10 PM
608FISHHAWK
User since 3/9/14
well got the boat out re-checked all the wiring and still the same problem may have to call hummingbird again. just wondering do anyone else have had this problem with their unit?

7/24/14 @ 3:14 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
sounds intermittent ... I would double check the connection in the block that screws into the back of the unit for starters

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.