Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

interior lights

4/16/14 @ 12:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
callousass
User since 12/12/13
what color lights does everybody prefer to use in thier boats? is there any one color that's easier on your eyes ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/4/14 @ 6:55 PM
callousass
User since 12/12/13
i appreciate all your comments on lights . I've been leaning towards lime green, seams easier on one's eyes . we are almost ready to make the virgin launch ! Smile Smile

4/20/14 @ 9:45 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Every post I went to says Yellow is the best, as CentralWalleyeSlayer stated. Bugs are attracted to ultraviolet and Blue the most. Apparently they can't see yellow. I guess I will be getting some yellow LED rope light

4/18/14 @ 7:37 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
The Old Lady yells quickly if I start stinking so I can't go that route. I'll have to do some searches on the subject. Thanks for the nice post on lights Nihsif (probably wrong). I haven't put any lights in my boat yet, because it usually takes me awhile to make up my mind. I'll check back in after I've done my research, but very good post. I don't think anybody leaves their lights on for long periods anyway. But LED is the way to go.

4/18/14 @ 6:47 AM
popi
MEMBER since 9/25/08
Snake, Bugs are the same with red and yellow.On the old boat I had red,still got bugs,on the house I had on of those yellow lights for bug prevention and still got mauled by them.If I wear white close and don't shower ,the bugs are less.Not sure if it's because I stink or my dirty white clothes Smile

4/17/14 @ 10:30 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
choice may be up to the individual... I prefer white so I can see colors properly and easier for these old eyes to see

I got led strip and a dimmer

you can also get led lights that use a remote to change the color

here's some examples

I bought these, and this dimmer ...not sure if dimmer is waterproof, so is wrapped in plastic

cannot vouch for how this works, but looks interesting

http://www.amazon.com/Lycheers-Waterproof-Flexible-300leds-Changing/dp/B00BJHGUCU/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

edit: bought these too for ease of installation around corners

http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-Connector-Conductor-Strip-monochrome/dp/B0062RBR84/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_z

4/17/14 @ 7:14 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Yea Popi, Red is what the navy used under darken ship conditions. That makes sense for being easy on the eyes. But what about bugs?

4/17/14 @ 6:55 AM
popi
MEMBER since 9/25/08
Red is easy on the eyes and won't make you semi blind if you look into the dark immediately after you look at the red.

4/17/14 @ 6:31 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Question: Is yellow the best for Not attracting bugs, or what is the best? I've heard different answers on this, and just curious. Haven't heard yellow was good?

4/16/14 @ 1:11 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
I use yellow led rope lights in mine bugs aren't as attracted to yellow

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.