Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

how to attach seat to aluminum boat?

5/13/14 @ 1:14 PM
ORIGNAL POST
ifishwis
User since 6/27/02
I just got a aluminum row boat with metal benches. The metal goes almost all the way to the floor and has flotation material underneath it. I would like to put a 7" riser and a swivel seat on. How does one accomplish this?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/14/14 @ 8:42 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
Do a search for Slider G5. These things are amazing. I put 2 in my boat and the one in the rear I mounted a 7 inch riser to it and it is rock solid I am a big guy (250+) and it does not move. The nice thing is that you can move side to side and when you are under way, your weight keeps you in place. These things are made here in Wisconsin and beleive me, they are built tough. If you go to tinboats.net, you will see alot of people use them. Beat thing since sliced bread.

5/14/14 @ 8:15 AM
Raven19
User since 6/16/12
I had an 14' Alumacraft that I installed two swivel seats to the bench seats. I drilled out all the rivets that hold the benches in place and put a 12" x 12" 1/4" thick aluminum plate underneath the bench where the swivel will be mounted. Pop rivet the plate in place and bolt the swivel through the bench and plate with stainless steel bolts. This will give you more support for the seat and stop some of the oil canning of the aluminum bench. I didn't install risers like what you are suggesting. This will put additional strain on the bench which might be a problem down the road. I did gain about 3" in seat height with the swivel and slider seat combo. The last thing is to install the seats back into the boat and re-pop rivet. Never cracked the aluminum bench in the 25 years that I owned the boat. Hope this helps, and good fishing.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.