LOGIN
Lake-Link

Hooking up lowrance.

6/24/16 @ 5:56 PM
ORIGNAL POST
ESOX68
ESOX68
User since 2/21/06

I just bought a new Aluma Craft and am putting my lowrance from my old boat into the new one. But I couldn't find any wire desagnated for it. Even know they got wires for other stuff. So I hooked it through the cig lighter. Does anyone have any suggestions?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/27/16 @ 7:27 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I bought a Alumacraft 165 Competitor this year and was able to just hook it up under the dash.  There was a separate fuse block with 4 fuses.  One was not being used (for the radio memory) so I hooked up to that and put in my fuse.  I was told they don't hook the memory up because it could potentially drain the battery.  Super easy if your boat has that.  My dad's 2008 did not.

6/26/16 @ 6:13 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Like Ed said below, go directly to the battery.  Just make sure you have an inline fuse.  Going to cig lighter, it can vibrate and lose connection. 

6/25/16 @ 5:02 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I would run the power wires back to your starting battery. Little extra wires but less chance for interference.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
6/24/16 @ 9:43 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I just bought a 2006 Alumacraft Navigator. It had 2 hbird depth finders on it.  I replaced the one on the console with my lowrance from my old boat. The fuses and connections were under the console. They were connected to power and ground going to the switch panel. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.