Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cmc tilt and trim problem

4/16/17 @ 4:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Theeyeguy
User since 2/19/17

I have a cmc 35 tilt&trim for my kicker motor. Having issues with it. It started by sticking in the up position so I  checked fluid level and it's good.  Now it won't go up or down .pump runs but nothing happens.  Hoping there's a fix. Really don't want to spend $500 on a new one.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/19/17 @ 6:48 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

I've had issues with my Merc TT in past and have had to do some research on it. OMC may be a bit different but I'll pass along what I know. There are two colored coded wires going into the pump. I believe green for up and blue for down. If the pump runs in both the up and down commands your relays, wiring and pump are fine in that regard. If it only runs for one command you have an issue with one relay, most likely, assuming the motor tilts in one position. If nothing then relays, switch, pump or wiring.

Assuming the pump runs in both, and you mentioned the reservoir is full, then your pump is the issue. As was mentioned perhaps a seal or O ring is bypassing fluid. Very frustrating. Lots of good info on the net. 

4/18/17 @ 11:22 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

My first thought it was a relay. Not familiar with your CMC unit, but relays are cheap and easy to fix. I'd start there.

4/17/17 @ 1:15 PM
Annes Regret
MEMBER since 7/7/11
Check Youtube for DIY videos.

4/16/17 @ 7:41 PM
Theeyeguy
User since 2/19/17
I was thinking the same guess I'll have to tear it apart and find out

4/16/17 @ 6:04 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16
Sounds like you have an internal leak somewhere or fluid is bypassing . Could be a simple seal or o-ring, if the pump is running and it's moving fluid but the motor is not going up or down it sounds like to me that the fluid is bypassing or have an internal leak 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.