Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

carpet cleaning

9/22/14 @ 11:09 AM
ORIGNAL POST
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10
what is the best way to clean the carpeting in a boat?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/22/14 @ 7:27 PM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
I hire a carpet cleaning place such as duraclean and they clean it well.

9/22/14 @ 6:47 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I used to use my power washer - but it broke and I have not replaced it yet.

The last time I used a stiff scrub brush, a little bit of Oxy Clean powder, and the garden hose.

Both work well, but the power sprayer is less work. Also, as mentioned in an earlier post, use the widest angle tip you have so you don't damage the carpet.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
9/22/14 @ 4:22 PM
cycleguy
User since 2/8/05
Some of the other ideas are prob better, but once a year I use a good firm scrub brush, dish soap, and scrub away. I do it on a grade, and rinse well and let all the water drain. Vac more water out as possible. My boat has two areas of the floor that can be easily removed. I pop them off, kill off any mold or anything inside the hull and let it dry all the way in the sun on a nice day. I don't know that there is a wrong way, but helps to stay on top of it.

I had a carpet cleaning place at the house, and flipped the guy $25 to do the boat. It was ok, but my way was more effective.

Wish I could get the light gray vinyl clean as it should be.

9/22/14 @ 12:05 PM
bigstorm
User since 1/10/05
I just cleaned mine yesterday, used a carpet shampooer that we have at home. I had to use the side hand attachment (only 4" wide) for most of the boat. It took a long time but the carpet looks good

9/22/14 @ 11:43 AM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
I use a gas pressure washer set on a wide stream on my Lund. The key is find a detergent that is low soapy . I use Envirox Carpet cleanerhttp://www.enviroxclean.com/healthy-cleaning-products/carpet-and-floor-care After I wash the carpet I then use a wet vac . The carpet will look like new. my boat is a 2005 and the carpet looks new by doing this once or twice a year.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.