MORE
Boats & Motors

autopilot problems

1/4/15 @ 11:27 AM
INITIAL POST
imwalleye
imwalleye
User since 4/14/10
i bought a used autopilot 24v but sometimes it starts swinging around on it own and really sucks when the boards r out. Anyone know the remedy for this problem. my pm for some reason doesn't work so will be checking this thread thanks in advance
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
3/23/15 @ 9:24 AM
walleyerod
User since 7/9/08
I would agree with the comments already posted. Either low voltage from a bad battery or a bad compass.
3/22/15 @ 10:03 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01
I have a 12V motor and works fine except when I am using my AP and pointed south. I tried twice to get it fixed, they just tell me it test out just fine. Sad
3/22/15 @ 3:43 AM
Aluma1
User since 4/12/03
Mine sometimes does that also. When I am in bigger waves and the prop pops out of the water. That is a known issue with the compass instead of the gps controlled motors. I have a 60 inch shaft but when I am trolling from the back the bow stays up in the air more.
3/19/15 @ 5:26 PM
Taylor50
User since 5/22/14
I had that same issue on an old Minn Kota Autopilot model 24 V. I had to get a new compass, that fixed it
1/5/15 @ 2:16 PM
Rob92761
Rob92761
User since 1/16/07
bad battery!
1/5/15 @ 10:26 AM
esoxtomtom
esoxtomtom
User since 4/24/08
charge on the battery is low mine does the same thing
1/4/15 @ 10:35 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
could have a bad battery i would start by checking them mine does this when it is low on charge.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE