MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Anybody got a Garmin Striker4 gps/sonar?

3/27/19 @ 5:58 PM
ORIGNAL POST
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

Hi all. I'm looking for a portable sonar for my small boat. Anybody got a Striker 4 from Garmin and if so can you read that tiny screen? Will it go from half screen sonar to full screen? I'm thinking of ordering one but I have never touched one. Would I be better off with some other sonar unit?

thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/28/19 @ 5:48 PM
Golf Guy
User since 7/22/12

Having the same troubles deciding on a portable unit  

Guys at Bass Pro Shop are recommending the EcoMap plus because it’s loaded with lakemaps already and you can download ones for Canada   

Any thoughts?

3/28/19 @ 1:59 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I have one and love it. Yes the screen could be bigger but it works for me. Everything is easy to use. Good luck.

3/28/19 @ 1:07 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

Thank you so for the input Port.

Good idea with the transducer on a stick. 

3/28/19 @ 7:00 AM
port1042
User since 2/11/12

I've got one which I use as a portable unit for Canadian trips. I like it just fine, but I would like a little bigger screen. Otherwise it works fine. Yes, you can split the screen. Keep in mind it does not come with lake maps. However the GPS function works just fine and the ability to map contours is terrific for waters that are not mapped (requires 4+ option). I'm happy with the purchase. Also the mount is the same as for some of the auto GPS units by Garmin and you can pick-up a suction cup mount for the display unit on E-Bay for a few bucks. That's really handy on camp boats. I use a C-Clamp and a 1X3 board for a portable transducer mount along with a 10ah battery for power.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.