Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

1992 Lund Pro V stern cleat loose

9/14/14 @ 5:51 AM
ORIGNAL POST
barneythecop
User since 3/12/02
I have a 1992 Lund Pro V and the starboard stern cleat has come loose but the bolts are still attached. There is no easy access to the under side of the gunwale to tighten the nuts. How do I access that area since there is a bull bulkhead in front of that section? Do I peal the rub rail out, back out the screws and lift the gunwale?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/11/11 @ 10:01 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
sounds like a good fix, good luck

9/16/14 @ 5:46 PM
barneythecop
User since 3/12/02
Took off the end cap and started to peel out the rub rail only to find that the sides are attached to the gunwale with rivets rather than screws. Only option was to cut the cleat bolts off. went to Owl Hardwoods in Des Plaines and bought a 3/4" thick 4" by 6" piece of teak. Used Gorilla glue to attach the teak to the gunwale and bought 4 stainless steel screws to anchor the cleat into the teak. Finally getting the boat ready for the annual trip to Leech Lake, Minnesota.

9/15/14 @ 9:24 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
without seeing what you have, it's hard to say, but most boats do come apart... not sure I would wans to mess with the rub rail, but would double check that the decking doesn't come unscrewed to provide access

as a last ditch effort, maybe you could cut an access hole, or just cut out the cleat, and create a mounting area...

or leave that cleat be, and mount another one nearby

...but just thinking out loud

or maybe take it to a boat repair place and ask them what they would do, then get an estimate

kids! hahaha

9/15/14 @ 8:40 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Sounds like you should just buy a new boat Wink

Hi dad Big Smile

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.