Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

water spot removal

4/11/20 @ 7:44 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Okay guys, I know there is a lot out there on the internet on water spot removal for boats, but has anyone really had a good solution that works for them ?

I've heard about the vinegar and water and all other types of cleaners, but what really, really works ?

I have a black lund that is getting the dreaded spots.

Thanks in advance

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 25 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/13/20 @ 3:28 PM
boge..
MEMBER since 3/18/20

Vinegar and water.50/50 or less....spray wax.Excellent. Simple.

4/13/20 @ 1:27 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

https://larsensales.com/

these are products I've used since 2003 on a brown Crestliner FH1750 and a black Alumacraft Competitor 1650... still have original bottles, the polish does a great job ( for me ) after initial cleaning, just use the polish occasionally... just another option... there is definitely scores of good products

4/13/20 @ 11:51 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

eyewalls, I don't know, this is the first time I had the boat out since picking it up from the dealer, brand new boat, I don't know if they waxed it or not.

I am taking it in to have them install the numbers on the boat, I will have to ask them at that time. 

4/13/20 @ 10:34 AM
eyewalls
eyewalls
User since 6/25/04

Will the 50/50 mix take off the wax you have on it?

4/13/20 @ 7:39 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

On Sunday, I mixed up a 50 / 50 spray bottle of vinegar / water and tried about half of the boat, seems to work wonderful. I think that's the way I'm going to be going on this. Then give it a good wax job. Going to let the dealer install my reg. numbers first.

I think it may be wise to wipe it down after every trip on the water, only takes about 10-15 minutes, I can keep the spray and rags right in the boat.

I think the trick may be not to let the water spots sit on the boat for too long, mine were only on there not quite a week and they came right off.

I appreciate all of the responses, you guys are a great help.

4/12/20 @ 11:36 PM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

Vinegar and water,get the industrial strength if possible.Simple green to get the scum lines off,at close to full strength.Other stuff works,but why pay more? 

4/12/20 @ 1:45 PM
TomP.
User since 3/22/07

Another vote for vinegar and water for wax I really like Turtle Wax Ice easy on does not turn trim white and lasts a dang long time. I use it on all my vehicles and boat .

4/12/20 @ 9:22 AM
ole 870
User since 6/27/01

When I bought my black Crestliner the dealer gave me a bottle of Boat Bling Hot Sauce, said it was the best stuff that he knew of. My boat and motor get a polish with this at the end of the season and it makes it look like new. Still got plenty left in original bottle after 3 seasons so haven't googled the price for a new bottle yet.

4/12/20 @ 7:05 AM
lunkbox
User since 7/24/01

I also have a black Lund (aluminum) and the last 2 years I’ve been using a mix of 1 part vinegar and 4 parts water. It still takes a little elbow grease with a cotton rag, but works really well. Haven’t noticed any I’ll effects like fade or decals coming off. 

4/12/20 @ 3:20 AM
netmaster
MEMBER since 10/22/01

I USE SNO-BOWL TOILET BOWL CLEANER  

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 25 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.