SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

water spot removal

4/11/20 @ 7:44 AM
INITIAL POST
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Okay guys, I know there is a lot out there on the internet on water spot removal for boats, but has anyone really had a good solution that works for them ?

I've heard about the vinegar and water and all other types of cleaners, but what really, really works ?

I have a black lund that is getting the dreaded spots.

Thanks in advance

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
7/17/20 @ 9:58 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Mother's ceramic protection

After I remove the water spots with the distilled vinegar and water

I used this instead of Wax

7/15/20 @ 9:17 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I am going with the 50/50 vinegar water mix and maybe once a month give it a quick spray wax job. Like I said before, about 10 minutes to clean it, maybe 15 minutes to wax it, inexpensive and it works very nicely.

7/14/20 @ 8:44 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Vinegar & Water 50/50 mixture in a spray bottle

7/12/20 @ 7:32 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

50% water 50% distilled white vinegar

That's all you need to clean off water spots

6/13/20 @ 10:06 PM
strike-n-bite
PRO MEMBER User since 5/23/12

White vinegar, straight up!

5/15/20 @ 8:30 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I used to do the vinegar/water stuff...and I used to use a nice high end wax for the boat.

Friend of mine turned me onto ceramic.  HydroSilex.

HydroSilex

It is expensive, the the cleaner removes all the crud, wash gets it very clean.  Ceramic wax is the bomb.  No water lines or scum line.

I pretty much do that once a year and the boat is good to go.  Sometimes I wipe it down after a use, sometimes I don't.

And...I have a glass boat.  Unsure of how this would work on metal.  Probably very good, I just don't know.

5/14/20 @ 2:32 PM
Capt. Eye Catcher
User since 2/5/15

This forum is awesome.  I have used it for so many different things while fixing and buying a boat.  I tried the Boat Bling Hot Sauce after the water spots were on the boat for a couple weeks it worked very good.  It took of the scum line too with very little effort.  Left a very nice wax like shine.

Tried vinegar and water that worked ok but the Hot Sauce is the deal.

Captain Eye Catcher

4/17/20 @ 2:39 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Spoke with the service man at the dealer as he was putting on the registration decals, and I think I'm going to use vinegar and water and get a spray wax. It only takes about 10 minutes to do the whole thing if you do it right away, effective, inexpensive and it works.....thanks for all the recommendations guys...stay safe out there !!! 

4/14/20 @ 6:35 AM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

I have a Black and White Alumacraft. I have been washing and hand drying off to prevent water spots or using vinegar and water to get spots off for a couple of years. I started using The Last Coat ceramic wax, it takes water spots off and waxes at same time. It is a lot easier to wipe off, no rubbing like vinegar and it puts a hell of a shine on boat.

4/13/20 @ 10:50 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

Yes, vinegar removes wax. It is mildly acidic. 

4/13/20 @ 3:28 PM
boge..
User since 3/18/20

Vinegar and water.50/50 or less....spray wax.Excellent. Simple.

4/13/20 @ 1:27 PM
nihsif
nihsif

https://larsensales.com/

these are products I've used since 2003 on a brown Crestliner FH1750 and a black Alumacraft Competitor 1650... still have original bottles, the polish does a great job ( for me ) after initial cleaning, just use the polish occasionally... just another option... there is definitely scores of good products

4/13/20 @ 11:51 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

eyewalls, I don't know, this is the first time I had the boat out since picking it up from the dealer, brand new boat, I don't know if they waxed it or not.

I am taking it in to have them install the numbers on the boat, I will have to ask them at that time. 

4/13/20 @ 10:34 AM
eyewalls
eyewalls
User since 6/25/04

Will the 50/50 mix take off the wax you have on it?

4/13/20 @ 7:39 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

On Sunday, I mixed up a 50 / 50 spray bottle of vinegar / water and tried about half of the boat, seems to work wonderful. I think that's the way I'm going to be going on this. Then give it a good wax job. Going to let the dealer install my reg. numbers first.

I think it may be wise to wipe it down after every trip on the water, only takes about 10-15 minutes, I can keep the spray and rags right in the boat.

I think the trick may be not to let the water spots sit on the boat for too long, mine were only on there not quite a week and they came right off.

I appreciate all of the responses, you guys are a great help.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE