MORE
Boats & Motors

Washing your boat before a trip?

9/17/19 @ 10:36 PM
INITIAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Do you clean up your boat before going on a trip? Yesterday I cleaned the carpet and washed boat and trailer. Tonight I scrubbed the boat cover just so it would look clean going down the road. Plus I feel it helps it last longer. My wife thinks it's silly to clean it up when it's just going to get dirty again. I do the same with the vehicle too.  I'll be vacuuming the interior out tomorrow after work. This trip I will be driving alone for the 6 hour trip to Chetek. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/20/19 @ 12:35 AM
Esox84
User since 9/21/16

I do the same and get made fun of for it. Also I wipe it down with a magic rag and a 50/50 white distilled vinegar and distilled water solution after every use only takes 5min and keeps it looking brand new. Then I only have to wash it once a or twice a year since this keeps the water spots off. People can laugh all they want because when I go to sell my boats I have always gotten top dollar for my gear even made money on a few. If your boat looks clean and well cared for chances are it has been and a buyer sees that. Just my personal opinion tho it’s worked so far for me. 

9/18/19 @ 11:13 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I do get blood, worms and gulp alive juice on my carpet. If I see stains after awhile I will wash the carpet.  I'm not meticulous but this is my last boat I will buy and I want to keep it as clean as I can for as long as I can. 

9/18/19 @ 2:25 PM
CrawlerHarness
User since 10/10/17

No, I don't clean before a trip.  I clean the inside of the boat after a trip so the dirt doesn't affect the carpet.  I wash the boat about 1X a year.  No need to do it more since it is a boat after all.  

But I am guessing you also clean it after the trip.  Do you let the fish and blood touch the boat?  

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE