MORE
Boats & Motors

Trolling motor repair shops

5/27/20 @ 8:29 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I have an older V1 Powerdrive that needs a new control board. I've searched everywhere, and no one has one and they are discontinued. I know it's a long shot, but I am wondering if there are any repair shops in the Milwaukee area that might possibly have one of these boards laying around. I'm referring to a mom and pop shop, not a big chain store or marine dealer. I want to sell this trolling motor, which incidentally has almost no run time on it. I think the capacitors are toast, as the relay on the board seems to close (audible click). Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Jimmy

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/28/20 @ 9:27 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

That looks promising. I'll give Brew City a shot. 

5/28/20 @ 8:17 PM
mail man
mail man
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/13

Brew City Trolling Motor Service

5/28/20 @ 5:03 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

The whole board is sealed to be water proof. I don't want to mess with that. I did consider replacing them myself for a nano-second. Bad idea.

5/28/20 @ 2:15 PM
voldie
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/11

If you think it is just the capacitors could you possibly find someone to just replace those on the board? Someone who possibly does TV repairs might be able to help.

5/28/20 @ 10:05 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Anchors Away in Waukesha is an authorized repair center. Very knowledgeable.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE