SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Trolling motor battery?the best?

1/28/22 @ 12:17 PM
INITIAL POST
riverratdave
PRO MEMBER User since 11/8/08

What is the better battery banshee or Dakota.?

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
9/14/22 @ 11:57 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I've had great luck with Everstarts from Walmart. 7 years on cranking battery and 6 years on my deep cycles and still going strong.

Typically I've found the batteries work until they don't - then I replace them. I may pro-actively replace if i take my boat to Canada or on a remote trip somewhere. My dad has got over 10 years on some Everstarts in the past.

9/14/22 @ 10:21 AM
Jerry K
User since 10/11/08

Can I throw in a third battery company? VMAX Li-Iron LiFePO4  Less money, 10 year warranty and I've been using them for two years without any issues. If I had the money though I would have invested with the Dakotas.

9/13/22 @ 3:37 PM
Mister-K
User since 7/26/22

From Costco Interstate batteries 

9/13/22 @ 2:22 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

those made by https://www.clarios.com/

9/13/22 @ 1:32 PM
Eric55
User since 6/12/18

Looking to replace my 2 trolling motor batteries (non-lithium).  Suggestions on what to get?

Walmart/EverLast

Menard's/FVP

Home Depot/Exide

Auto Zone/Duralast

Thx.

6/10/22 @ 3:24 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I take it that you use an Arc Reactor on the Ranger Vegas? Reviews? 

6/10/22 @ 8:20 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Iron Man Arc Reactor?  Small, portable, tons of power.

6/9/22 @ 8:34 AM
wallstreet
User since 9/10/15

Guess it's on hold until they build a better battery. Sure would be nice not to have all the wires and connections to deal with and maintain. Especially with all the quick disconnect mounts they have now. You have 2 boats, you only need 1 trolling motor and set of batteries. Thanks for your thoughts. If I get it patented and it goes viral I'll give each of you one. 

6/8/22 @ 9:30 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

A basic lead acid trolling motor battery will provide 100-125 amp hours with a cost of $100.00 - $130.00. A power tool battery that produces 4 amp hours will run you about $50.00. It would take 25 - 30 of those to get the same 100 - 125 amp hours at a cost of $1,250 or more. 

6/8/22 @ 2:31 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

It takes a a pretty big battery and heavy battery to run my electric lawmower at the cottage.  One battery contains enough juice to run for about an hour and a half straight.

And it's basically running a box fan that is flipped over.

A 24 or 36 volt trolling motor would require so much more than the little lawnmower.  I couldn't even put a number on how many batteries I'd need for a musky trip, let alone a trolling trip on the Bay.  Put I'd put the over under at 22.  And bet the over.

6/7/22 @ 2:36 PM
wallstreet
User since 9/10/15

Not if you have multiple battery packs to switch out or if you don't use your trolling motor to pull rigs on the bay. When it beeps low battery slap another one in. Battery life is pretty good on most of the Li batteries and they aren't all that big in size. 

6/7/22 @ 12:12 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

If you were to run a trolling motor off a portable snap in battery you would need that battery to be the size of a 12 pack if not larger. Imagine the size you’d need to then run a 24 or 36 volt motor. 

6/7/22 @ 10:39 AM
wallstreet
User since 9/10/15

Probably both are very very good. I was buying outdoor equipment this weekend (string trimmer/pole saw) and it made me wonder why the trolling motor folks haven't come up with a chordless trolling motor yet. Slap a battery pack in it and go. If there's any out there, I wonder why they aren't more popular. Seems like it would be a huge improvement over wires/fuses/batteries/shore tender systems that everyone uses now. 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE