LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Trailer springs , anything special on Rangertrail trailers ?

5/9/21 @ 9:52 PM
INITIAL POST
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Hey gang , just noticed I got a weak spring on one side of my Ranger Trail trailer  and the tire rubs fender just a hair and just wanted to ask if they use anything special. I have replaced quite a few trailer springs on my fleet trailers  at work and usually source them local,  but after changing my tongue Jack on this trailer and had to be a little fab work to make a aftermarket Jack fit the factory mounting pad, just wanted to get another opinion or if any of you had to replace springs on your Ranger Trailer . 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/7/21 @ 6:40 PM
mattw
mattw

2004   180vs Reata boat  and single axle Ranger Trail trailer , this had leaf springs,  the previous owner told me he changed a spring at one point and I didn't realize until this spring that they didn't match at all, one side was way low compared to other side . But again you break a spring in the middle of nowhere,  you do what you gotta do to get home I guess. 

6/7/21 @ 11:30 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Is this an older Ranger trailer?  I thought Ranger trailers were Torsion axel's.

5/15/21 @ 2:07 PM
mattw
mattw

Just an update,  found a set of 4000 pound ( I m guessing) from the stash at Kendor Marine since Northern Equipement was out of 25 1/4  4000 pound springs and trailer is now sitting level , plenty of clearance between tires and fenders now. My right side had a cheap China made spring that was too weak and caused that side to ride low making tire rub the fender . Before changing your springs , always measure old spring OFF the trailer to see what you need length wise and width wise . And replace your hardware no sense in reusing bolts etc when you can buy a kit pretty cheaply as far as u bolts go . 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE