Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Trailer brands

10/10/19 @ 4:51 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09

Looking around at used boats and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts about the various trailer brands that you see out there.  Yacht Club, Shorelander, Eagle etc.   What’s better?  What’s worse?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/11/19 @ 1:15 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Had a Tennessee Trailer  when I owned a Crestliner Fish Hawk ... that was a great trailer... I've also owned several ( 4 ) other boats that had ShoreLandr trailers with no issues... my current boat, 2012 Alumacraft Competitor 165 that I downsized to, has a ShoreLandr trailer that's very nice, all LED lights, swing tongue, etc, and again,  zero issues... been very happy with it 

10/11/19 @ 12:15 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Fishmunkee.....Couldn’t you have bought that Heritage right in Lodi? Did Rock River take your Eagle as a trade-in?

The Vault hubs are the best!

10/11/19 @ 10:36 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I had a Shorelander roller that had one of the brackets break off. I looked at the weld and it had inclusions that I pointed out to the dealer. He looked at me like I was nuts, Shorelander said misuse!!  After I paid for the repair I traded the rig in for an Alumicraft with an Eagle bunk trailer.    The Shorelander was 4 years old. I never went back to that dealer East of Big Bend.   CARPIO 

10/11/19 @ 8:34 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

If getting a new trailer get the bed liner finish instead of regular paint.

10/11/19 @ 8:31 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

The Vault hubs that Heritage (maybe others) put on their trailers are guaranteed 5 years with no maintenance. Was told that some tourney guys have put 8 years+ on them without issue.

10/11/19 @ 8:28 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

I re-trailered my boat this last spring. Had an Eagle that I had endless bearing/axle issues with despite servicing them regularly. I tow to L Superior (5 hours one way) 2-4 times/yr; L Mich and L 'bago 5-6 times/yr (1.5 hours one way) plus many local trips. Bought a Heritage from Rock River Marine. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Should have done it years ago. I was surprised how few dealers wanted to sell a trailer without a boat. Rock River Marine in Edgerton treated me well. 

10/11/19 @ 7:54 AM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

I have owned eagle, heritage, shorelander, ranger,  karavan, ez loader amongst others..... Hands down eagle, heritage or trailmaster bunk trailers is all I will own! Shorelander and karavan are complete junk!!!

10/10/19 @ 8:46 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

I have a Heritage all-welded trailer....best I ever had.

Used to have a Karavan....POS IMO.

10/10/19 @ 5:06 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Yacht Club and Eagle are made by the same company. I have a Yacht Club that has been good. I think if you would spend the amount a Eagle cost, I would look at a Heritage.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.