SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Torsion axel trailers

7/1/20 @ 7:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

I have a 2008 Lund GL on a Lund trailer.

The trailer has torsion axels.

Currently on vacation in Door county.
we trailered the boat up here and I noticed the clearance between the tire and fender was significantly less on one side.

Took it tI local dealer here in door county who said it maybe cheaper to buy a new trailer! He’s not sure because the plant for the trailer is shutdown for 2 weeks.

Anyone have any experience with replacing torsion axels?

is trailer safe to drive back home?

Arrrrggggh!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/14/20 @ 9:41 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

http://www.mroutboards.com/

Call this Lund dealer, he is not that far from you. 

7/14/20 @ 8:48 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Torsion Axel not that difficult to replace if you get it home.

7/1/20 @ 1:13 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I do not think it's a "Lund" trailer. There should be a placard on the trailer that lists the manufacturer, model, capasity, amongst a bunch of other information. Start there!

Sounds to me like a dealer that doesn't know what he is talking about and isnt interested in looking into it.

7/1/20 @ 12:41 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

I doubt a torsion axle is that expensive,  saw online that they run 120 to 500 depending on size and weight rating . It doesn't take much to swap out an axle assembly on a trailer. Double check to see if trailer tire is rubbing against the fender,  if it is I would not try to make it back home . 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE