Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Torsion axel trailers

7/1/20 @ 7:12 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

I have a 2008 Lund GL on a Lund trailer.

The trailer has torsion axels.

Currently on vacation in Door county.
we trailered the boat up here and I noticed the clearance between the tire and fender was significantly less on one side.

Took it tI local dealer here in door county who said it maybe cheaper to buy a new trailer! He’s not sure because the plant for the trailer is shutdown for 2 weeks.

Anyone have any experience with replacing torsion axels?

is trailer safe to drive back home?

Arrrrggggh!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/14/20 @ 9:41 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

http://www.mroutboards.com/

Call this Lund dealer, he is not that far from you. 

7/14/20 @ 8:48 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Torsion Axel not that difficult to replace if you get it home.

7/1/20 @ 6:22 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

If it’s not welded onto frame, no problem. If it’s welded, then that’s another whole animal to deal with. Cutting and grinding, and smoothing, then welding or bolting. Good luck, hope it’s easy.

7/1/20 @ 1:13 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I do not think it's a "Lund" trailer. There should be a placard on the trailer that lists the manufacturer, model, capasity, amongst a bunch of other information. Start there!

Sounds to me like a dealer that doesn't know what he is talking about and isnt interested in looking into it.

7/1/20 @ 12:41 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

I doubt a torsion axle is that expensive,  saw online that they run 120 to 500 depending on size and weight rating . It doesn't take much to swap out an axle assembly on a trailer. Double check to see if trailer tire is rubbing against the fender,  if it is I would not try to make it back home . 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.