Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Starting the search for the next Boat

6/4/20 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I currently have 1895 Yarcraft Storm. Love the boat but it is 20 years old. I can afford a new  one and may go that route but I also am looking at used rigs. I am looking at the 19 to 20 foot range. I want a deep and larger cockpit VS wasted deck space up front. I just don't cast much. Ranger 619's  don't seem to have much space back there. When you get to the larger ones the cost and size are more than I need. Warriors seem to fit the bill but it's hard to justify the cost. They are real  expensive. Anybody have the glass Lunds or Skeeters? I have scoured the used boat market using Walleye Central and Boats 1 and not found anything that trips my trigger. Any ideas and experiences? Thanks. Mrt. 

DISPLAYING 21 TO 25 OF 25 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/4/20 @ 12:44 PM
CrawlerHarness
User since 10/10/17

Look at the older Starcraft fiberglasses.  My friend in Michigan has his for sale.  A 2014 with a 250 Mercury on it, I believe 19' or so.  Lots of rod storage, I think he is asking about $33,000 for it.  

6/4/20 @ 12:32 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

For years I was in the same situation as you are now . I have a little 15 foot Skeeter bass boat my dad bought brand new and it never left the family for 36 years . I loved it but it was small and had no storage or live well space. Was looking new for years and because of my financial situation couldn't get the funds for a new 16 foot aluminum. Finally was at Cedar Lake Sales and worked to get into a new Crestliner but couldn't get it done, ironically they had a 2004 Ranger 180vs Reata trade in that my wife said what's wrong with this one ? I checked it out , did some research and made the deal. I got a 18 foot fish and ski without the windshield.  It fishes like my old Skeeter , has plenty of storage , and I can have more than 3 people in it , and we can pull the tube and get my big butt up on my skis . Oh it also has a Yamaha on the back which is what I also wanted  after owning a evinrude .  Keep looking , do your homework and you will find your perfect rig . 

6/4/20 @ 11:52 AM
Ldob50
User since 8/16/16

Same scenario as Cold Front. My Crestliner 1850 is 18 years old. Want to get new one beginning of 2021. The boat of my dreams has always been a 20" Tyee. For sure will go with a Tyee just not sure if Ill go 20' or 19'. Not sure if Ill go with fiberglass or Aluminium. One thing I do know for sure is I want a Yamaha and Yamaha kicker. Can be done but it will cost me. 

Last kid graduated from College this year. Hes on his own in med school.  

Peace and Good Fishing!!!

Lar      

6/4/20 @ 10:37 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Sounds like you're looking to stay with glass?  A gentleman where we go in MN has a nice Alumacraft (unsure of model) that is deep and roomy. I saw an Alumacraft Trophy 195 on the road the other day and just from bring behind it you could tell there was a ton of room. But....not glass.  

DISPLAYING 21 TO 25 OF 25 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.