Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Starting the search for the next Boat

6/4/20 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I currently have 1895 Yarcraft Storm. Love the boat but it is 20 years old. I can afford a new  one and may go that route but I also am looking at used rigs. I am looking at the 19 to 20 foot range. I want a deep and larger cockpit VS wasted deck space up front. I just don't cast much. Ranger 619's  don't seem to have much space back there. When you get to the larger ones the cost and size are more than I need. Warriors seem to fit the bill but it's hard to justify the cost. They are real  expensive. Anybody have the glass Lunds or Skeeters? I have scoured the used boat market using Walleye Central and Boats 1 and not found anything that trips my trigger. Any ideas and experiences? Thanks. Mrt. 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 25 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/9/20 @ 9:40 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Saw a Yarcraft 186 at the landing. That may work!! Tell me more about the ride.  How would it do with a two foot chop like we have on Bago? Storm is ok but not great. Bow gets up and then bottom falls out and bam. Need to be on throttle if we get planed up, ready to back off and come down slower. I am hoping newer hull design would help. Mrt

6/6/20 @ 8:51 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Sounds like I need to go to larger boat to get a better ride and have the cockpit room. By the time you accommodate the tunnel rod storage I would like , there isn’t a lot of boat left for a large cockpit in a boat less than almost 20 feet. Mrt

6/6/20 @ 4:50 AM
1pass
User since 6/27/17

I have a Yarcraft 186. Great boat lots of room. Can handle the biggest of waves,fast, stable. But not nearly as good of riding as your running now.But I trust it to get me to shore in any weather. My friend has a Triton 186 his is better riding in a short chop but anything bigger rather be in my Yarcraft. Also have a friend with a Ranger 619 same as Triton. The Ranger is a waterwagon in the big stuff waves come over bow .

6/5/20 @ 3:21 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

New Ranger 1880 

6/5/20 @ 9:07 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

So...if you didn't like the Ranger 619 because there wasn't enough room in back, check out the Ranger Angler series.  1880 or 2080.

My buddy has one and love it.  I've fished in it many times and it is a great boat.  Tons of space behind the front deck, jump seats and it is a great trolling boat.

Only real downside is that there isn't a lot of deck in the back to work with.  And there isn't a factory deck extension like there is for the Ranger 619.  But, it isn't too hard to make one yourself.

The 1880 comes with a single axle trailer, which is much easier to move around than the 619.

6/5/20 @ 8:22 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

none will be as fast as those Storms were Lund glass you have removable storage in back for lots of room

6/5/20 @ 7:32 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Thanks for input guys. Gotta have glass. Forgot about Starcraft. I will take a look. Mrt

6/4/20 @ 10:10 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

If you can go aluminum and you want a deep v with space then look at Lund Alaskan.  Almost any aluminum in the 18-20 foot lenght will have a ton of space and storage and depth. 

6/4/20 @ 4:19 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

There is a lot of used boats for sale out there right now that are well taken care of. It’s like a car or motorcycle. Once you take em off the lot new, the price goes down. 

6/4/20 @ 12:51 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

You guys crack me up with the "my boat is old" comments. I wish mine was that new! I'm skippering a 1978 Starcraft with an 85hp Javelin/Johnson lol

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 25 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.