MORE
Boats & Motors

Starting Battery Drain

5/25/22 @ 6:01 AM
INITIAL POST
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

I have a newer boat. I have noticed my starting battery seems to be draining more on a daily basis than I am used to. I have a Talon on the boat that beeps frequently and I have no idea why because it’s not on. Is the Talon draining my battery when the boat is stored?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/29/22 @ 6:39 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Thank you all for the replies. Yes, the talon does beep when I turn on the power. It’s a 60 horse Merc and I will absolutely have to turn off the main power when it’s not in the water. Thanks again. 

5/26/22 @ 10:06 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13

If your talon is wired directly to your battery without a cutoff switch being used, the talon will draw power.  

5/26/22 @ 2:37 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
User since 3/14/14

If the talon is beeping when it isn't on, it's certainly drawing power. Some motors will continue to pull power when off as well at a very low rate. Best bet, as mentioned below is to install a battery switch so you can turn everything off.

5/25/22 @ 8:27 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Just install a master shut off switch. Make sure charger is still routed to battery and your problem is fixed.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE