SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Smaller vehicle with good towing capabilities

12/8/21 @ 10:57 AM
INITIAL POST
jilweki
User since 12/6/21

Hey yall I am looking into getting a small teardrop camper, but I currently drive a 2002 Chevy tracker, which only has a 1500 tow capacity. I also own a 2013 town & country, but am looking to replace it with something cinema hd smaller. Any good, preferably smaller vehicles with towing capacity around 3000lbs? Or is there any way to increase the towing ability of a vehicle? (Sorry if rhats a dumb question.. i dont know much about cars past standard maintenance) I have had my eye on the Nissan Xterra, but wanted to see if there was anything else I should look at.

Displaying 46 to 50 of 50 posts
12/8/21 @ 5:01 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

just remember that you have to be able to stop also

12/8/21 @ 5:00 PM
scmuskies
scmuskies
User since 10/14/03

The Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee should fit what you're looking for.  Up to 4500lb towing for the Cherokee and 7200 for the Grand Cherokee.  Depends on what your definition of smaller would be, but since you're already looking into an Xterra both would fit.

Personal experience on the Grand Cherokee is nothing but positive towing my boat or other trailers.

12/8/21 @ 11:24 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

Looks like you don't mind an older vehicle...

Look for a 2012 (or earlier) RAV4 with the V6 and 4WD.

They can tow up to 3500 lbs. I had one and it towed fine with great visibility, especially backing up.

fwiw, Toyota quit putting a V6 in the Rav4 in 2013...

Regarding the XTerra, my friend pulled his 16' tiller with his XTerra for years.(don't know the spec for that vehicle).

Displaying 46 to 50 of 50 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE