Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Small plastic bass boats

1/26/20 @ 1:19 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Jeff H
User since 3/22/03

Has anyone owned one of those eight to twelve foot plastic "bass boats?" Two of the most popular are the Bass Raider and the Bass Hunter. What are your thoughts on them? Did they hold up, and was fishing out of them ok, especially with two people? Thank you.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/27/20 @ 2:49 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

Bought my 10 ft pond prowler last summer and have not looked back. I can get to places other can only dream of. I had a canoe before but got tired of getting wet. This thing is sturdy and I don’t think you could tip it if you tried. Very happy with it.

1/27/20 @ 12:22 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

My buddy garbage picked one 15 years ago and it's still floating.  It's ok.  Stable enough, doesn't take on water, ok room for two adults.  Having said all that, if I'm solo fishing I'm taking my kayak every time.

1/27/20 @ 11:21 AM
Graceonpoint
User since 10/24/17

There fine for small ponds and such, surprisingly stable to fish out of.  Would not recommend for river and streams the hulls are not that durable.   We popped a hole in my buddy's rubbing the bottom drifting through a riffle that a plastic canoe wouldn't have batted an eye at.

1/27/20 @ 10:06 AM
Figure-8
User since 5/17/06

I've had a Dolphin Pro 120 for years with a 15 hp Johnson and a bow mount trolling motor. It's a great boat for small lakes and rivers, very stable even with 2 guys. If you look you can pick them up used fairly reasonable at times.

1/26/20 @ 8:13 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I have a Basstender 11.3’ with a 6hp Evinrude on back and trolling motor up front. Great boat for inland lakes for 2 people!  It has a lot of nice features as well, live well with aerator, bulge pump, storage, lights and swivel seats. I like mine.

1/26/20 @ 7:52 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

We've used one for years at my wife's fathers home, he has a 10 acre lake to fish that's loaded with bass and pike. I'm 225 he's 190 and an old 28 lb trolling motor moves us around fine. Would I take it out on the Mississippi river, no but for a small pond or lake they're stable. I think the one we use is a tracker. Comfortable too.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.