SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Shorelandr trailer brake squeaking

5/13/21 @ 4:48 PM
INITIAL POST
muskiethriller06
User since 10/24/08

I have a 2015 Shoreland'r trailer with a 175 Alumacraft Throphy. It appears that my drivers side brake is sticking and squeaking when driving. Trailer might have 4K miles on it. Any chance that the pads are shot? Make a similar noise when brakes are at there wear bar. Any other tips?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
5/13/21 @ 8:21 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

I also have a 2015 ShoreLandr trailer. I have a Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk. I assume our trailers are the same if not very similar. Two years ago while on my return trip from Ontario, I had a blow out on right side trailer tire while operating on I-94 in heavy traffic. No safe place to pull over and change tire. Had to drag it off the Interstate at next exit. I replaced the tire on the exit ramp. I noticed left side tire tread looked scalloped (hadn't been in that condition when I checked them at my previous fuel stop 2hrs prior.) Drove back roads home and put boat in garage. 

Next day I got underneath to inspect. I found one of two caliper slider bolts was missing on right caliper assembly, the other was backed out about 1/2 way. One of the brake pads was missing also. I checked the left side caliper. Both slider pins were loose. 

Needless to say I was pissed and gratful at the same time. It could have been catastrophic.

It took a while to get replacement parts. ShoreLandr CS wasn't much help. Also unwilling to cover under warranty. I found a # for the manufacturer of the brake caliper. They were extremely helpful and sent me the parts for free.

Don't know if it was a ShoreLandr assembling or QC issue or if it was Brake mfgr issue.

I STRONGLY suggest you inspect your calipers, rotors, and pads.

Hit me up if you think I can be of help. Good luck!  

5/13/21 @ 7:13 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Would definitely pull wheel off and inspect to see what's going on and flush fluid out of system if you have hydraulic surge brakes on that trailer , and check both sides to make sure you have even wear on both sides . 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE