SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Repair outboard

5/20/21 @ 1:07 PM
INITIAL POST
GeorgeM
User since 12/19/01

I have a 35hp 1986 mercury outboard that needs the choke plunger repaired/replaced.  The place I took it couldn't fix it. Does anyone know anyone that can repair older motors?  Respond here or send an email to [email protected].  Thanks in advance for any help.  I should mention that I live in the MIlwaukee, WI area so someone in that area would be preferable.  

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
6/22/21 @ 3:28 PM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21

There used to be a guy right by Cedar lake sales that works on older motors, he was right by Stoney island, think it was Wagner or something like that

6/22/21 @ 10:10 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

CLINCHKNOT - Oxbow Marine?

5/22/21 @ 11:10 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I had an 86’ 6 horse Evinrude that needed the same thing. This motor had a plunger/primer instead of a typical choke. Couldn’t get my motor to start so took it to Jalensky’s in Kenosha. They rebuilt the plunger assembly, said o-rings and what not were cracked and it was sucking air. Been running great since. They were the only place around me that would work on it. The lady on the phone seemed reluctant though saying “it may be too old, let me ask”. 

5/21/21 @ 11:01 AM
CLINCHKNOT
User since 10/9/03

I have an old 1968 outboard.  Ran into same issue.  Some places will not work on older motors.  I took it to a place just west of Horicon.  They fixed it in a week and the price was reasonable.

Weird thing was I took it to Cedar Lake Sales and they would not repair.  Older than their cut off age .  I think they now only repair those from 1990 and younger?  No offense to cedar lake sales as they gave me the guy's number in Horicon for old motor repairs.  This Horicon guy says he orders most of his needed parts from Cedar Lake sales.  Sorry I do not recall the name of this repair place.

5/21/21 @ 8:36 AM
GeorgeM
User since 12/19/01

Thanks for the suggestions.  Will check them out. 

5/20/21 @ 10:52 PM
DanceswithFarts
User since 1/1/17

I second Severson's Marine in Burlington.  Craig is a great Mechanic and very honest.  Biggest issue is how booked-up he is and when he can get to your repair.

5/20/21 @ 7:19 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Call Severson Marine

Craig is a one-man shooting match, very honest guy, he’ll give you the straight story.  

5/20/21 @ 3:15 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Try     Casanova's Fun (casanovas.fun) or  Welcome to Mack's Motors (macksmotors.com) . Both in Milwaukee.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE