SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Remanufactured trolling motors

6/17/21 @ 7:47 PM
INITIAL POST
FishinFool817
User since 4/10/16

Anyone ever buy a remanufactured trolling motor? Looking at a couple but not sure if it worth risk of buying one without looking at the condition its in.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/12/21 @ 6:43 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

What kind you looking for like size and bow or transom. And for checking it out I would have to test it hooked to the battery and check the prop see if pin is bent or it's been operated for years with fishing line warped around the shaft. But if it's it's factory reconditioned I'd say your safe without testing it. For me I'd buy new. 

8/11/21 @ 7:47 PM
Tout
PRO MEMBER User since 1/2/02

any recommendations on where to look in milwaukee waukesha area?

thanks

6/18/21 @ 10:58 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

No issue for me with factory reconditioned either, usually they still come with warranty. Third party repair and sales I would not mess with.

6/17/21 @ 9:58 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Factor reconditioned, no issues buying if the savings are good.  Factory reconditioned are brought back to factory specs, they might have a scratch on them so what.  What they are is motors that were warrantied out for what ever reason, those motors are then repaired and sold as reconditioned.  I wouldn't think twice about that.

6/17/21 @ 9:42 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

U get what u pay for. If it fails, is that ok now? I would not buy to save money. 

6/17/21 @ 9:13 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

If it’s a factory reconditioned unit I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it. Those units are worked on by one technician and gone over thoroughly. I have purchased other reconditioned pieces of equipment and never had a problem. They also carry a one year warranty I believe. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE