MORE
Boats & Motors

Redoing Bunk Board - Carpet

8/20/19 @ 3:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Moose55
User since 5/30/04

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2016 Alumacraft Navigator 165 (aluminum boat) and my trailer bunks need to be replaced.  The boat is red, trailer is red, and the bunks are red as well.  I would like to redo the bunks and stick to the red colored carpet.  I plan on using non-presure treated 2x4 for the bunks with stainless steel staples and bolts.  

My issue is locating red carpet for the bunks.  I really don't want to use grey or black and keep with the original red color.  Are there any recommendations for bunk carpeting that is red?  I keep seeing bunk specific carpet but none of it is sold in the color I require.  What do/have people used for bunk carpeting?

Thank you,

Rob Smith

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
7/19/20 @ 11:13 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
5/13/20 @ 8:26 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Today I installed UltraDeck composite fence pickets on my trailer bunk boards. I cut them to length (Bunks are 9ft x 5 1/2") and pre-drilled screw holes at home. Screw holes are countersunk. Deck screws used for fasteners. Materials were purchased at Menard's for about $45.00. It only took me about 20mins to install in the boat landing parking lot. My boat now slides on and off like a greased pig on a hockey rink. 

Sorry pics wouldn't upload.

5/8/20 @ 10:45 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Gatorbak Bunk Covers - No more wet, dirty, damaging bunk carpet!

and you can order them on amazon 

5/3/20 @ 8:59 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

Noticed some of my lags bolts were loose on my trailer today, tightened them up but two of them seemed to be slightly stripped so will be replacing soon. Want to go with the Ultimate bunk boards but they want $62 to ship two 8' boards, seems absolutely crazy. Is everyone paying this much for shipping?

3/10/20 @ 7:23 AM
Major Mark
Major Mark
User since 5/20/05

I put this kit on my bunks.  They install over the carpet on the bunks and work very well.  Took less than an hour to install once the boat was off the trailer.  My bunks were in perfect shape.  I just wanted to make shallow water launch/recovery easier by myself.  (I do not powerload)  Bunk board pads

3/10/20 @ 6:13 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Thanks 12pack for your thoughts. After exploring the uboards I think they could be an answer to my lift issues. Unfortunately the $140 to ship them may cancel me from purchasing. Just wish there was a way to buy locally from some dealer. From what I understand they can only be purchased from the factory. 

3/9/20 @ 7:21 AM
Iconic
User since 7/17/01

12 pack,

Thanks for the intel. I'm going to either buy the ultimate bunks or possible buy a 1/2 inch 4X8 sheet of HPDE at Menards or similar and cut them to fit over the existing carpeted bunks. Leaning more toward the ultimates though. 

3/9/20 @ 6:16 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Has anyone put ultimate bunk boards on a boat lift? My lake shore is rather shallow. Generally my lake level goes down as the season goes on. At times in late summer and fall I have to physically push my boat off the lift. I already have 110 ft. of dock and do not want to add to the length to get to deeper water. From what I have read it seems that boats do slide much easier with ultimate boards. Thoughts appreciated, Thanks

3/6/20 @ 11:30 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

If you were to put a drotto on the front you could still power load.

3/4/20 @ 8:25 PM
Iconic
User since 7/17/01

I have a new Lund 1600 Fury and Trailmaster coming in a few weeks and want to install these new ultimate bunks on the ytrailer. Questions for you gents that have these - did you order direct from Ultimatebunkboards.com? If so how much was shipping? Or where locally can these be bought in Wisconsin? Also did you go with the original version or the supreme version?

3/4/20 @ 5:45 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Go with the composite bunks.  Put mine on 2 years ago and can’t say enough good things about them.  Best part, install took 20 minutes including removal of the old wooden bunks.

3/4/20 @ 4:04 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

I have a Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk that weighs approx. 2200lbs (boat, motor, and gear). Shorelandr trailer came equipped with four 2x6x9ft bunks. I'm contemplating replacing bunks with Ultimate Bunk Boards or similar product. Hoping those of you who have installed them on your trailers can provide some advice. Did you use the Original or the Supreme (aluminum tracks attached)? What are your results and or recommendations? Anyone have experience with the PVC dimensional lumber sold by Menards?

Thanks for your input.

9/9/19 @ 1:42 PM
Murdockjr01
User since 5/11/18

Moose, I have the ultimate bunks with a 17ft aluminum boat and I never power load you can almost pull the boat up by hand. In and out under a minute.

9/9/19 @ 11:30 AM
Moose55
User since 5/30/04

I do have a concern about the mounting hardware.  If the bolts strip easy, when I power load the boat will the force of the boat cause the bolts to pull away on the ultimate board?  I will also have to check my rivets to see if there is anyway that I would get a rivet on the bolt head.  Since my rivets could go below the recessed nuts.

Rob 

9/6/19 @ 8:58 AM
cheeseshredder
User since 6/1/19

I used the recessed bolt method for my Ultimate Bunk Boards. It was very easy. With all stainless steel hardware.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE