MORE
Boats & Motors

Real Pro RS2 Battery Charger

3/29/23 @ 6:46 PM
INITIAL POST
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

So got my boat out for the first time and once out on the water the trolling motor showed the batteries were dead. Got home and checked the voltage, 13.55V. I think I just didn't push the plug in far enough for good contact. Plugged the charger in and noticed two red lights, supposedly charging. Now two green lights, supposedly ready. But as you can see in the picture something doesn't jive. Talked to the rep and he said he had never heard of this before. So, is the label wrong or the LED's wrong? Anyone else have one of these chargers? Are the lights correct?

Real Pro RS2 Battery Charger photo by Jabberwalker
Real Pro RS2 Battery Charger photo by Jabberwalker
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/31/23 @ 4:54 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
JW, I have that same unit on my lund, needed to have it replaced under warranty, one of the banks just stopped charging. after talking with the mechanic, he said no matter what brand you have, they are all a crap shoot, one of the biggest pia electrical items on a boat. he said they are constantly changing out defective chargers.
3/30/23 @ 9:35 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04
It's a sealed unit so I can't take it apart. Charger is out of warranty but Lund may cover it under their 3 year warranty.
Overnight the voltage came up to 13.77V & 13.88V from about 13.55V on both batteries. Lights are staying green indicating "READY". So it appears everything is working correctly. To be honest I never looked at the position of the lights, just whether they were green or red. If I would have plugged the motor in correctly I would have never noticed.
3/30/23 @ 7:28 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Could be. If the Charging/Ready lights are 1 piece inside, it could have been installed upside down? Or in wrong slot? If it’s out of warranty I’d take it apart a see if lights were not installed correctly. interesting. Never seen it before.  
3/29/23 @ 9:18 PM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04
mattw....the issue is the lights on the charger. They are either placed wrong in the charger or the charger label is wrong. They do not change color, they are individual LED's and are either on or off.
3/29/23 @ 9:11 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16
Check the batteries make sure they are still go.  Many of the new style chargers have issues with batteries having bad cells etc etc . Also just double check your connections . 
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE