SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Pull Cord For Minn Kota Terrova Trolling Moter

12/3/19 @ 2:30 PM
INITIAL POST
Lunkerhunter
PRO MEMBER User since 8/18/01

I have a Minn Kota Terrova Trolling motor.  This motor does not come with a pull cord.  I am 75 years old with prior back surgery.  It is difficult to engage the motor in and out of water.  Does anybody have a suggestion or been able to find or make a pull cord for this motor?  Thanks in advance.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
12/10/19 @ 7:43 PM
Chiro-Chris
Chiro-Chris
PRO MEMBER User since 4/8/13

12/7/19 @ 12:03 PM
Lunkerhunter
PRO MEMBER User since 8/18/01

Thanks guys.  Appreciate your help.  Be safe out there. 

12/5/19 @ 11:27 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08

In my spare time ??I googled if there was a retrofit for lift assist and it doesn’t appear there is one......currently... you and I Lunker along with a lot of others have the same dilemma. Put up with what we have because who wants to give up on a perfectly working motor that now sells for around $1700+ with a 50% resale value. Just to buy a unit for convenience that is pushing $3000. One can buy a lot of Aleve or Motrin for that amount of money. Even better a lot of fish frys...However, I did once on a local lake see a guy do as the commercial shows. Unload his boat , deploy the Ulterra from shore, run the boat out a ways, park it with the spot lock. Park his truck/trailer, come back to the dock and call it in. Pretty cool. If only I could get the right lottery scratch off ticket I might get one...

12/3/19 @ 10:39 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I had a 2017 with the 54” shaft and found it very easy to deploy and retrieve.

12/3/19 @ 8:02 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I have an older Terrova without the lift assist.  And I've used one with lift assist.  It is an amazing feature.  Really takes no effort.  

If you really want to make it easy on yourself, yah, upgrade to a new Terrova with lift assist or get that Ulterra that stows and deploys at the push of a button.

12/3/19 @ 4:43 PM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
User since 7/21/01

You might call one of the local service reps or Minn Kota and see if your terrova can be updated to have the lift assist.

12/3/19 @ 4:30 PM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
User since 7/21/01

IF you buy a 2017 and up Terrova they have an assist lift built in that makes it MUCH easier to deploy and stow.. or as mentioned in the other posting.. an Ultera it fully automatic... pricey as well.

There are 12V and 24V .. if you see the square collar above the main body on the motor shaft that is where the flat coil spring assist is housed.

I love mine.. NO problem deploying or retrieving   I'm 84..

12/3/19 @ 3:53 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

Lunkerhunter....I have one of those (I'm 67) and don't have a problem...however..I did have to tweak my technique after struggling with it...if I let someone else in the front of the boat they always struggle with it too, finally I just go up and do it myself...when you trip the latch to bring it up, let it swing out a bit and pull directly up towards your chest (the shaft is more in line) and actually pulls up pretty easily to the motor then swing it down...you will have to move it a bit more to latch it completely. To put it down push outward with a little pressure on the trolling motor head and hit the latch pretty stoutly (smack it with the palm of your hand) it will pop right out of there...those were the mistakes I was making until doing this way....hope it helps...the only thing I thought about doing is maybe rubbing the shaft with a little gulf wax (cheap cake kind)

12/3/19 @ 3:53 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sell it and look into an Minn Kota Ulterra, it's push button stow and deploy.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE