MORE
Boats & Motors

Princecraft

2/24/20 @ 6:48 PM
INITIAL POST
icejeff
icejeff
User since 1/26/06

Any opinions on Princecraft fishing boats? Quality, comfort, handling, fishability?

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
3/10/20 @ 5:58 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

I have a 1993 Pro169 that I absolutely LOVE! Tons of storage for a 16.5 foot boat! Still has the original floor, although the carpet is starting to show its age. Powered by a 70 HP Evinrude (max. HP is 90), I get about 35 mph with me and my gear, which is plenty fast for me. The only thing I don't like about my boat is the livewell is on the side of the boat and not up front. Planing the boat with a full livewell can be a challenge with 2 or 3 people, but I rarely have that many people and don't keep fish that often. It's the driest riding 16 foot boat I've ever been in and rides like a glass boat.

3/1/20 @ 10:04 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

I have a 96 142 and love it.  It's had over a thousand Muskies credited to it.  Stable boat for a 14fter fishes much bigger.

If there is a drawback princecraft bolts the floor, deck and bases in.  I had to replace an Atwood base and had to unbolt the deck to unbolt the base.  Went to a better seat base.  Not screwed in like everyone else.  Only drawback I have seen.

I found a 169 for my son.  He loves it.

2/25/20 @ 10:39 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Interesting..........Genmar won the bid for the OMC boat division and must have sold Pirincecraft to Brunswick very shortly afterwards.

"The Johnson and Evinrude brands were won by bid in February 2001 by Bombardier Recreational Products and the boat division by Genmar Holdings of Minnesota." 

2/25/20 @ 9:17 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

Had a 188 pro tiller in 2000 hull broke would not buy another

2/25/20 @ 8:46 AM
NAV165
PRO MEMBER User since 5/23/05

Princecraft is owned b Brunswick since 2001.  Very popular brand in Canada.

History - 2001 #1History - 2001 #2

Brunswick Corporation, which specializes in recreation, purchased the Princecraft brand and the Princeville facilities, which officially became Princecraft Boats.

2/25/20 @ 8:42 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

1999 may have been OMC, but anything post 2001 is Genmar I believe.

Seems like they were popular for a short while early on but don't see very many new ones around now. Not sure why, just an observation.

2/25/20 @ 8:24 AM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
User since 7/21/01

I have a  1999  167 Pro SC....    NICE boat, well built and comfortable !

They are OMC boats made in Canada.. 

I  LOVE mine.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE