MORE
Boats & Motors

Outboard Jet Boats

8/3/21 @ 2:40 PM
INITIAL POST
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
User since 1/25/17

Does anyone else run an outboard jet boat on rivers? Here's a video I out together of running the Upper St. Croix in a Lowe Roughneck Deluxe Tiller 2070 with a Yamaha 80 HP outboard.

https://youtu.be/P1WSzEa1maU'

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/26/21 @ 10:32 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11

Nice looking rig Quack!

9/26/21 @ 3:44 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

I owned a 16' tiller jet rig a few years back and learned quite a bit regarding optimum set up and operation.  This is my current rig and I opted for a tunnel hull forward CC, transom pods and drift boat anchor setup. Transducers can be at risk so I added a lift bracket for the transducer. I haven't been doing much due to low water but have been out on the Chip & Wis. As set up this rig will run 4" on water while on plane. I did get stuck on a gravel bar on Saturday but I drifted onto it while fishing the downstream end of a deep (4') hole. Got some gravel in  the foot grate while pushing off. 4 or 5 pieces of gravel in the foot grate upsets the water flow enough to make to motor virtually useless. They also use lots of fuel. Unit came with a typical 6 gal tank which is not near enough. I mounted a nine gal tank under rear deck. On Sat I burned 5.3 gals in 3/4 day fishing a 5 mile stretch of river. I anticipate putting a little 3 gal can in the back as backup. 

Rule #1 if in doubt put the boat on plane

9/16/21 @ 4:07 AM
cole1williams
User since 9/16/21

I am going to try new 90hp Mercury jet pump motor on the river I am afraid might being too shallow. Will get back here or at essays agency  and share my experience soon.

8/3/21 @ 8:29 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/01

My neighbor guides on the Wi river between Merrill and Wausau and runs a jet boat. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE