LOGIN
Lake-Link

Outboard Jet Boats

8/3/21 @ 2:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
USER SINCE 1/25/17

Does anyone else run an outboard jet boat on rivers? Here's a video I out together of running the Upper St. Croix in a Lowe Roughneck Deluxe Tiller 2070 with a Yamaha 80 HP outboard.

https://youtu.be/P1WSzEa1maU'

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/26/21 @ 10:32 PM
CCLUND
USER SINCE 5/29/11

Nice looking rig Quack!

9/26/21 @ 3:44 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
USER SINCE 1/16/11

I owned a 16' tiller jet rig a few years back and learned quite a bit regarding optimum set up and operation.  This is my current rig and I opted for a tunnel hull forward CC, transom pods and drift boat anchor setup. Transducers can be at risk so I added a lift bracket for the transducer. I haven't been doing much due to low water but have been out on the Chip & Wis. As set up this rig will run 4" on water while on plane. I did get stuck on a gravel bar on Saturday but I drifted onto it while fishing the downstream end of a deep (4') hole. Got some gravel in  the foot grate while pushing off. 4 or 5 pieces of gravel in the foot grate upsets the water flow enough to make to motor virtually useless. They also use lots of fuel. Unit came with a typical 6 gal tank which is not near enough. I mounted a nine gal tank under rear deck. On Sat I burned 5.3 gals in 3/4 day fishing a 5 mile stretch of river. I anticipate putting a little 3 gal can in the back as backup. 

Rule #1 if in doubt put the boat on plane

9/16/21 @ 4:07 AM
cole1williams
USER SINCE 9/16/21

I am going to try new 90hp Mercury jet pump motor on the river I am afraid might being too shallow. Will get back here or at essays agency  and share my experience soon.

8/3/21 @ 8:29 PM
newoodhntr
MEMBER SINCE 12/11/01

My neighbor guides on the Wi river between Merrill and Wausau and runs a jet boat. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.