Boats & Motors

Opinions on small mirrocraft boats.

1/27/20 @ 11:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

Hi, all. 

I’m new here and looking for opinions on boat brands. I have never owned my own boat but have experience and a general idea of what I’m looking for. I’m looking for a smaller 14’ aluminum utility style hull with rear split seat and walk through floor plan. I do have a 2005 15hp 2 stroke that I really like and plan on using on the new boat.  An appealing option at the moment is a Mirrocraft 3654.   

I’m in Wisconsin so I like that they’re made here. The floor plan meets my criteria and overall seems like a solid boat. The only other boats I have used are lunds (s-14, ss-v, wc) Alumicraft V-14 with walk through and a floor and a basic 3 bench 12ft Princecraft. I like the Alumacraft V-14 but when I fished one for a week didn’t feel as solid as the lunds. Not a big deal to me but was noticed.  I like the lunds the most but I believe they will be out of my budget new and rarely find newer models used. Most have the 3 benches and I really want the open design. 

I’m going to look at the mirrocraft in person this week and wondering what opinions are on the brand itself. Sale price was given over the phone of $2,850 on the 3654. Any guidance/experience shared would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

James 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
3/22/20 @ 9:25 PM
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

Pool9, thanks for your experience. I ended up going with a 14’ Mirrocraft. I’ve been working/replacing stuff on my used trailer. Now I’m waiting for a warmer day to put my stickers on. I’m excited to finally have my own boat. 

Cheers, 

James 

3/22/20 @ 6:29 PM
pool9fish
User since 3/7/11

I had a 14ft. MirroCraft for over 20 years.  The boat was used when I got it.  I used it hundreds of hours after retirement. The boat never leaked a drop. It was wide and stable. I highly recommend one.

1/31/20 @ 6:56 PM
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

Thanks for all the responses and feedback. I’m going to go ahead With the Mirrocraft purchase. I feel it will be a good boat for my needs. 

1/28/20 @ 5:47 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I have a late 70s 12 footer . Good for 2 people or myself and the dog for ducks .  Great product .

1/28/20 @ 3:20 PM
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

Looks like most of the info I can come up with on the mirrocraft 14’ers is with experience on older models. The new models seem on the narrow side with a 64” beam compared the competition. That said,  I’m guessing I won’t find a big difference in quality between the makers. It’ll come down to price/features for me. I’m going to stop in at few dealers  (Racine/Kenosha area) and see what they say. 

1/28/20 @ 2:30 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

The older Mirrocraft boats that I am familiar with were huge.  You could get a 14' boat that was wide and deep which made you feel like you were riding in a 20 footer.

1/28/20 @ 11:08 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Dad's only boat was a 196x'ish Mirrocraft 14' resorter... I still have it, but it hasn't seen the water in a few years... many many hours on the water and fishing/hunting memories and still seaworthy... my first boat was a 1980 Mirrocraft 14' Deep Fisherman... great boat that I had for 20 years before upgrading to bigger boats...

I think Mirrocraft makes a fine boat

1/28/20 @ 8:55 AM
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

Port, 

I looked up your model and it looks like a great boat. Thank you for the feedback! 

1/28/20 @ 7:43 AM
port1042
PRO MEMBER User since 2/11/12

I have a 2003 Mirrocraft 1568. I bought it used 4 years ago and it has held up very nicely. It's nothing fancy, but I like it and use quite a lot. The brand seems to live up to its good reputation.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE