Hi, all. 

I’m new here and looking for opinions on boat brands. I have never owned my own boat but have experience and a general idea of what I’m looking for. I’m looking for a smaller 14’ aluminum utility style hull with rear split seat and walk through floor plan. I do have a 2005 15hp 2 stroke that I really like and plan on using on the new boat.  An appealing option at the moment is a Mirrocraft 3654.   

I’m in Wisconsin so I like that they’re made here. The floor plan meets my criteria and overall seems like a solid boat. The only other boats I have used are lunds (s-14, ss-v, wc) Alumicraft V-14 with walk through and a floor and a basic 3 bench 12ft Princecraft. I like the Alumacraft V-14 but when I fished one for a week didn’t feel as solid as the lunds. Not a big deal to me but was noticed.  I like the lunds the most but I believe they will be out of my budget new and rarely find newer models used. Most have the 3 benches and I really want the open design. 

I’m going to look at the mirrocraft in person this week and wondering what opinions are on the brand itself. Sale price was given over the phone of $2,850 on the 3654. Any guidance/experience shared would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

James