SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

New starting battery

3/20/23 @ 2:42 PM
INITIAL POST
hoytpower
User since 7/21/05

Want to upgrade to a larger starting battery for 150hp Verado as well as helix 10 & 7. Also may include the mega live unit. Right now it's a group 24 series and after fishing for a while and starting the Verado the helix 10 shuts off. Normally don't have the 7 running. Do I want a marine starting or dual purpose battery. I. Going to a group 31 but looking for suggestions on brand and type.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
3/21/23 @ 2:24 PM
eyehunt
User since 12/6/06
Pretty sure you do not want lithium for cranking. Great for powering electronics though. I have a 175 Verado myself....just bought a X2 Power AGM group 31 . It is a batteries plus exclusive but made by Odyssey. Has same specs as odyssey but better warranty. Verados require an AGM with high MCAs. The X2 and Odyssey both have 1350 MCAs . Not cheap though. Also gonna try avoid a second battery for electronics.   
3/20/23 @ 8:22 PM
Rich P.
User since 9/1/16
The duracell group 31 is popular . Batteries plus and sams club carries them or maybe look into lithium. I have them for my trolling motor and they work great.
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE