SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

New Hubs on Boat Trailer

10/27/20 @ 6:32 AM
INITIAL POST
1700PROVEE
User since 5/16/10

My boat trailer needs new hubs. Anybody have a recommendation on a boat trailer shop around Menomonee Falls and what I should expect to pay? Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
10/28/20 @ 6:41 AM
1700PROVEE
User since 5/16/10

Did no know fleet farm sold hubs. Great information... Thanks guys!

10/28/20 @ 12:03 AM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

recstuff.com

Have it delivered to you for a great price and install yourself. They come pre installed and pre packed with grease. Order an extra to throw in your travel kit so you can replace on the road if you ever have an issue. 

10/27/20 @ 10:15 PM
LIL MAN
User since 5/20/08

Fleet Farm or Tractor Supply hubs are complete and ready to install on the trailer. Then put on bearing buddies saves a lot of time later for greasing. Price for a complete hub is like 35 to 50 bucks depending on size.

10/27/20 @ 6:59 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Fleet Farm sells hub assemblies complete with bearings and races. You need to know your spindle/axle diameter and if it is straight or tapered. I suggest pulling one of your current hub assemblies off and getting the measurements prior to going shopping. We/I replaced the hub assemblies on my Son-in-laws trailer this summer, It only cost a few bucks more doing it this way than buying bearings and races seperately and cleaning, repacking, and installing them back into the origional hubs. Also installed Bearing Buddies to make interim upkeep easier. He is at least the 3rd or 4th owner of this trailer and prior owners didn't keep up with maintenance. Be forewarned, it can be a messy job.  Good luck. 

10/27/20 @ 7:46 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I usually wrench on my own stuff, but I do take my boat in from time to time. 

Struggles Garage in Waterford (about 40 minutes from you) would do it.

He’s a one-man shop, he is an auto mechanic, but I’ve had him do wheelbearings on my boat before. 

He’s typically cheaper than a trailer or a boat guy.

Your hubs should be around 50 bucks each, plus a couple hours of labor...

10/27/20 @ 6:39 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I know that Tom's Trailer is up in the Falls, but I have no idea what he would charge. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE