MORE
Boats & Motors

New boat suggestions

9/26/21 @ 3:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

I am looking for a new boat. I am wanting 18’ tiller. Looking at the obvious ones, Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft. Opinions on those? Any others I should consider? I am 64 so this will most likely be my last boat.

Fishing will be all inland lakes up north.

Thanks in advance

Displaying 31 to 35 of 35 posts
9/26/21 @ 7:35 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Starweld pretty nice boat they have a 18' tiller all welded, huge live well check them out.

9/26/21 @ 7:30 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Most people when they get older get away from the tiller

Want more comfort

Just saying

18 ft boat going to need some horses

9/26/21 @ 7:16 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I have a 1650 crestliner tiller also. Very nice boat and good price.   

just my 2 cents I would stay away from any boat with built in fuel tanks as they dont let you get on plane as quickly - so i am told. 

9/26/21 @ 5:28 PM
rowtroll
User since 9/22/10

I was looking for over a year for a good used 17' tiller. Found a crestliner 1650 and absolutely love it. Still would like the 1750 as it's a lot wider.

Love the welded hull, tons of useful storage, one live well and two bait wells. Handles 35 knot winds and four foot seas with aplumb. (You don't want to know)

I added a ladder on the transom. I'm of similar age and want to be able to come home if I go overboard. The crestliners have high freeboard.

Displaying 31 to 35 of 35 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE