MORE
Boats & Motors

New boat suggestions

9/26/21 @ 3:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

I am looking for a new boat. I am wanting 18’ tiller. Looking at the obvious ones, Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft. Opinions on those? Any others I should consider? I am 64 so this will most likely be my last boat.

Fishing will be all inland lakes up north.

Thanks in advance

Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts
1/24/22 @ 7:39 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21

If you can find what you want on the floor somewhere buy it. I am in the market for a new boat but would have to find one actually at a dealer out of state and drive to get it. Was told spring 2023 delivery by 3 separate dealers if I ordered one now.

1/24/22 @ 4:25 PM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

M.W.  isnt even going to be at the boat show because they dont have enough boats.  Said they may make the sports show if things change

1/23/22 @ 7:32 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Definitely recommend going to the shows and looking , find what you can get and buy it , or you won't have it in time . I am a fiberglass guy and own an older Ranger so won't be much help. Look for left overs if any or used rigs . They won't be on the floor very long this season that's for sure . 

1/23/22 @ 6:58 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Nice boat ol' sarge, hope to see your rig by my area launch.

1/23/22 @ 1:54 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

If you are going to buy a boat this year, you had better pull the trigger now or you won’t get one or end up paying a lot more than you thought. I just bought a new Lund Fury 1400 from Zachos in Chippewa Falls. They only got 1 from the factory for 2022 and Lund is not making the anymore Fury’s this year. I really wanted a 16 but it was almost twice as much and was on 4 inches wider and 9 inches longer. I got the 14 footer for a great price ($15,500) MSRP was $17,800 so they took $2300 off and gave me a $500 Lund military discount. I got it fully loaded with a 25hp electric start, tilt and trim Mercury, Helix 7 Hummin Bird , on board precision battery charger and a few other things. I am set for retirement. Like I said earlier, you need to pull the trigger to get what you want now before spring fever hits and everything is gone.

New boat suggestions photo by ol sarge
New boat suggestions photo by ol sarge
10/31/21 @ 7:58 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

Arod that certainly is troubling

10/31/21 @ 8:54 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Long story short. My Navigator developed a leak. It was sent to the factory for 6 months. They stated that my leak was caused by mouse piss. I disagreed and wanted to see the evidence and they refused to allow me onto their property to see my boat. They said it was fixed. The following season it still leaked. Again had to be sent back to the factory. This time they stated that when boat was being made they failed to hit the rivets correctly along a spray rail. Again they say fixed. I assumed it was fixed but had enough so traded it in and bought a crestliner. Totally satisfied with the crestliner. The dealership treated me well but was very frustrated and unhappy with the Alumacraft company.

10/30/21 @ 7:48 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

Arid   I,m considering a few different brand boats. What specifically do you hate about Alumacrafts?

10/30/21 @ 5:27 PM
prov
prov
User since 12/21/04

Oh the good old days of my tiller-My arm would be to sore now that im older.You will be happy with your choice i had the lund 18 pro v and loved it.

10/28/21 @ 8:42 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Awesome choice Joe. You are gonna love it. 

10/28/21 @ 4:12 PM
Joe D
Joe D

Thanks everyone…. I ended up going with the Lund 1775 Pro Guide. Now if Lund can only deliver before the opener. Fingers crossed

10/28/21 @ 10:23 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

I have had nothing but tillers through the years. Years ago started I started with a 14 ft. smokercrafter, then to 16 ft. rebel lund, then to a 16 ft alumacraft navigator and now a 17 ft. pro tiller crestliner. Crestliner is by far my best performing boat. Had all sorts of problems with the alumacraft and would not recommend an alumacraft.

9/29/21 @ 7:28 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

StarCraft.. I have one 22 years.. mine is a dual council but it has been used and loved used on lake Michigan to the castle rock now... Semi retirement for her... I tell my boys if she ever sinks I will be going down with her.. I vote StarCraft... Love that boat..

9/29/21 @ 4:25 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Look at a starcraft delta 188 T. Big and laid out well

9/29/21 @ 4:04 PM
Joe D
Joe D

Thanks for all of the helpful information. Very much appreciated 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE