MORE
Boats & Motors

New Boat Delay……UGH

3/31/22 @ 12:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

Ordered a new Lund Oct 23rd and Lund quoted 4-6 months. Just told yesterday the build date is now June 20th AND the boat may be shipped minus electronics and or trolling motor. Not very happy and just Have to hope it ships configured as ordered

Displaying 1 to 15 of 23 posts
5/20/22 @ 7:57 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Not surprised. This is all due to the virus or I will call it what it is,  Bio weapon. People don't wanna work to build the equipment , can't get the parts to make it , then can't get it shipped . All the trickle effect from it . Hope everyone gets what they need in a timely matter.  

5/20/22 @ 1:04 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

probably an older model

That's actually kind of comical, they probably sell more marine electronics than every dealer in WI combined, but its probably old. Give them a call and ask for a manufacturing date if your worried. It's a pretty easy place, dial the number. Select "1" and somebody actually knowledgeable answers the phone that can help you.

Or, sit and complain while waiting. Lol

5/20/22 @ 12:02 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

“probably an older model”

Pretty hard to make that assumption without a call to find out. 

I had a Terrova on back order for months last year. They kept stringing out the delivery date and charged my credit card when I ordered it. I found one local after an extensive search and canceled the original order. My card was credited the full amount within days.

5/20/22 @ 11:42 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

probably an older model

5/20/22 @ 9:25 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

This is for reference if you want your money back from the company that charged you already, by law you are due a full refund if not delivered in 30 days. Lot's of this going on right now. Most places will not charge until it ships, but there are places out there doing it differently and you have a right to your money back, even if it's the manufacturer delay and not the retailer.

Refund

5/20/22 @ 9:16 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Give these guys a call, I just spoke with them and they said they have it in stock. Lot's of folks in Facebook groups order from them and I ordered my Garmin Livescope system through them. 

The Bass Tank

5/20/22 @ 8:19 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

112/36v/60"  with msi/i-pilot link

i know of a couple other guys still waiting as well.

5/20/22 @ 8:13 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

What model Ulterra are you waiting for, I see some as available in places? Who did you order through and pay in full up front?

5/20/22 @ 6:36 AM
epiepenburg
epiepenburg
User since 2/1/12

EYE_SKI, my neighbor had a similar problem. He ordered a boat last year, got it mid summer, and I believe he just got his electronics for it.

I typically can order electronics from my distributors to stock in my store, I can tell you nearly everything is out of stock. Some of the smaller trolling motors (12v) models are still available, but most 24v and 36v setups have been out of stock for quite some time.

4/4/22 @ 10:26 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

ordered and paid for new minn kota ulterra last may..  STILL WAITING!!

F..IN RIDICULOUS!!!

4/4/22 @ 9:50 AM
Pearle68
User since 9/13/09

Electronics delays are universal but the boat and motor is by brand.  Ordered a Ranger Z518 last week of December with 200HP Merc.  It just arrived.  I bought the electronics separately - 2 humminbirds, the trolling motor was no problem.  Anyone ordering a boat now I'd suggest you source the electronics yourself and work something out with dealer to install and pay them to do so.  No point in making the MFG of the boat's life more difficult.

4/3/22 @ 4:14 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I think I got lucky, ordered my new rig in Jan of 2020, got it in March of 2020, glad I didn't wait.

4/3/22 @ 2:04 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

I've hated everything about this covid thing. It's just stupid

But the affects from it are real and its effecting supply chain. If you ordered a new boat and expect it to be here on time with everything in this day and age you are nuts. 

4/3/22 @ 9:33 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Certainly glad I'm not in the market for a new fishing rig. I repowered  two years ago without any problem. Last year was in market for new trailer, dealer told me it would be 6 months or more, was lucky to find a newer used one, drove a hundred miles to pick it up, paid asking price, it was worth it !!  This Febuary  ordered new Minn Kota on line was shipped in less than  a week. Guess I'm just lucky keeping my rig glued together.

4/3/22 @ 8:43 AM
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

I will take you fishing in my boat. Fishing from shore gets old fast

Displaying 1 to 15 of 23 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE