I was using my Powerdrive motor the other day when it died. The circuit breaker was tripped. Everytime I reset it it would trip. I unplugged the motor to try cooling it down but as soon as I plugged it in it tripped. I replaced the circuit breaker and it still trips.
It's now sparking and smoking from the plug when I plug it in. My plug had some damage to it and thought it might be that. I cut the plug off and touched the wires to a 12v battery and they sparked and smoked.
I get 13v from the outlet and from the wires on the plug so the plug was OK.
I ordered a new plug and cable which I'm waiting on but I'm not sure if that's the issue. The question is would a fried circuit board cause those wires to smoke like that? I did reach out the Minnkota support and I'm waiting for their reply.