SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

MinnKota Traxxis transom motor problem

5/12/21 @ 9:07 AM
INITIAL POST
Crashnrondo
User since 6/13/02

It came with a used boat I bought this spring, it was still in the box.  Finally got a chance to hook it up and use it yesterday, as soon as I connect to the battery the prop starts spinning.  Doesn't matter if the tiller selector is "off" "forward" or "reverse"  It spins the same direction and at a constant slow speed regardless of the speed or direction selected.

Any ideas on what to check?  I called MinnKota and they said take it to a service center and pay to have it looked at since I didn't buy it myself.

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
5/12/21 @ 5:58 PM
Crashnrondo
User since 6/13/02

Pulled it apart tonight, the swivel in the handle is broken as well as the arm from the potentiometer.  The pot is wired directly to the whole control board so it looked like a $135 part but I found the pot by itself on eBay for $25

5/12/21 @ 1:17 PM
voldie
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/11

Sounds like one of the switches is stuck, try getting some contact cleaner and spraying it into the switches.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE