Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

MinnKota Traxxis transom motor problem

5/12/21 @ 9:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crashnrondo
USER SINCE 6/13/02

It came with a used boat I bought this spring, it was still in the box.  Finally got a chance to hook it up and use it yesterday, as soon as I connect to the battery the prop starts spinning.  Doesn't matter if the tiller selector is "off" "forward" or "reverse"  It spins the same direction and at a constant slow speed regardless of the speed or direction selected.

Any ideas on what to check?  I called MinnKota and they said take it to a service center and pay to have it looked at since I didn't buy it myself.

Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/12/21 @ 5:58 PM
Crashnrondo
USER SINCE 6/13/02

Pulled it apart tonight, the swivel in the handle is broken as well as the arm from the potentiometer.  The pot is wired directly to the whole control board so it looked like a $135 part but I found the pot by itself on eBay for $25

5/12/21 @ 1:17 PM
voldie
USER SINCE 2/8/11

Sounds like one of the switches is stuck, try getting some contact cleaner and spraying it into the switches.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.