MORE
Boats & Motors

Minnkota fortrex 80lb thrust mounting

2/7/22 @ 10:04 PM
INITIAL POST
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

I recently purchased a used minnkota fortrex 24v bowmount trolling motor and with the 45 Inch shift and plan on installing it on a 18 ft monark fish and ski and am just looking for any suggestions on installing it as I've never installed one myself and just wondering what it all entails etc thanks for any help and suggestions 

Minnkota fortrex 80lb thrust mounting photo by Fv.screaming drags.com
Displaying 11 to 20 of 27 posts
4/4/22 @ 3:26 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Thanks for the info appreciated so basically basically the trolling motor connections make the other jump from one battery to the other to complete thee 24 volt connection 

4/4/22 @ 12:09 PM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

That is correct, otherwise you will only get 12 volts if you go just from one battery.   It is perfectly fine to charge each battery as individuals.  So 12 volt charge to each positive and negative pole of each battery.

Good luck   you should be able to confirm everything with a volt-ohm meter.

4/4/22 @ 11:34 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Quick question I got the motor mounted on the boat and now it's time to wire up the batteries and I know about going from the positive on one battery to the negative on the other one. My question is do I hook the trolling motor into the batteries the same way by going from the positive side on one battery to the negative on the other battery? Thanks for any help or advice or info in advance 

2/24/22 @ 3:38 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

I just mounted it with a c clamp so I could adjust where it needs to be deploys and stows without hitting the anchor mate. There's some aluminum cross braces under the deck that I plan to reinforce with a piece if plywood or a aluminum plate. Thanks for the info guys appreciated 

2/24/22 @ 10:04 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Did you put something under deck to reinforce, that anchor mate will make it hard to get in. The decks on most boats are just thin and unless you put a peace of plywood it will crack. need to get into rail around outside. The long shaft puts a lot of force at high power!

2/24/22 @ 8:11 AM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

That is a stabilizing bar for when the motor is in the stowed position. There should be a rubber boot on the bottom so you don't rub a whole in your carpet. It is adjustable.

2/24/22 @ 7:42 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Thanks fishs I fish mostly backwaters and lakes that don't have a ton of traffic most of the time so I'm thinking I should be ok. Can anyone tell me what the silver handle in rhe picture is for thanks good fishing everyone!

2/23/22 @ 6:17 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

Looks like you did fine.  Might bounce out of the water when a big wake goes by but hey, my 60 inch shaft does that. Good job!!!

2/20/22 @ 8:19 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Here's a few pictures from a dry fit in the garage but appears to be below the water line enough but won't know until it's all Mounted and on the lake but looks good so far lol 

2/13/22 @ 5:20 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Here's a couple better pictures of the boat I plan on installing it on 

Displaying 11 to 20 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE