MORE
Boats & Motors

Minn Kota copilot control board needed

6/27/18 @ 5:10 PM
INITIAL POST
SalmonElla
SalmonElla
User since 6/14/04

I have a 24v, 65#, Minn Kota copilot trolling motor that is stuck in high speed using the foot pedal or wireless remote. It appears the control board is bad but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. The part number is 230-4042 and uses the older oval style connection. Does anybody know where I can find one? 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
9/12/18 @ 2:23 PM
Middleton1
User since 6/19/01

https://northlandmarine.com/

8/16/18 @ 12:52 PM
matthewdf
User since 8/27/09

Where in Milwaukee did you find one?  I am looking for the same part. 

7/2/18 @ 10:40 AM
SalmonElla
SalmonElla
User since 6/14/04

Thanks for all the help. I did manage to find one out of Milwaukee. 

6/28/18 @ 3:56 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Hope you can find the parts you need!Minkota seems to have a habit of obseleting select parts in older motors,making them useless!I was looking for a board or foot control and they told me tough search the Internet!! Think about that when you spend$1500-$2500 for a new motor!

6/28/18 @ 2:21 PM
mail man
mail man
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/13

Contact:   Tim @  BREW CITY TROLLINGMOTOR SERVICE /   414-852-9550

6/28/18 @ 9:33 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

Minn Kota would be a good place to start.

6/28/18 @ 7:10 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

entered that part number and it came up invalid on MK site... maybe this would help... need to know model, etc.

motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/PartStream/Parts.aspx

otherwise, look up an authorized repair shop

6/28/18 @ 6:33 AM
poptop
User since 10/1/03

Needed the same part a few years ago. They had them in stock at hayward power sports.

6/27/18 @ 7:53 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

First two places in WI I’d check are Anchor Marine in Appleton or Sportsman’s Repair in Mosinee. Might be a bit of a hike to drive to either one depending on where you are from. I want to say there was a place in Minocqua/Woodruff that carried a decent stock of parts but the name escapes me right now. 

There are places out east that will ship parts for older and rare MK motors. “Mike’s Reel Repair” is one. I think the url is mikesreelrepair.com or something close to that. If you do a basic search for trolling motor schematics that will be a site that pops up and then you can get to the parts listed for sale from there. I think that one is in NY. 

Anyway....if you can get your hands on the board don’t be afraid to change it yourself. Control boards in those older power drives are insanely easy to change. If you can loosen and tighten screws and bolts you’ll be able to do it yourself. When you get it done you’ll probably think you forgot to do something. Nope...it’s simple and you should be able to get it switched in ten minutes if you take your time. I’ve changed these things on the water before. When I had an old PD I got into the habit of buying “junk” motors up and stripping them down for spare parts and to do rebuild jobs for guys and since I wanted the basic parts kept in an easy to remember spot I had them on my boat. Then a control board crapped on my own and voila...had a spare and got it back running again within 10 minutes. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE