MORE
Boats & Motors

Mini pontoon boats....thoughts

12/6/21 @ 12:50 PM
INITIAL POST
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

I have be considering buying a mini pontoon boat to take into retirement. Pond King makes a a nice model. I am looking at the easy of getting in and out of it and the stability.

Does anybody have any experience with these smaller pontoons and the pros and cons?

I don't need a big 18 foot, just a 10 or 12 footer that I can pull easily with my truck to small ponds and lakes.

I already have a new 9.9 Yamaha that I am planning on using which I think would work nicely.

Tim

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
12/7/21 @ 4:12 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Nihsif -That thing is pretty cool. I don’t know about the littler one, but the 21’ top of the line model is really nice. I did a little research after reading your article and they are pretty unique and at under $40k it looks like a bargain. I’ve been looking for a pontoon for my slip, but as you know the prices and availability are kinda crazy right now. I’m going to have to see if I can find some reviews and see how they compare to conventional pontoon boats. 

12/7/21 @ 10:29 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I know this is probably not what you are looking for, but I think it's a pretty cool concept

https://www.sea-doo.com/us/en/pontoons/switch.html

12/7/21 @ 10:23 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

Check out Hotwoods Aluma sport 615 . I haven't ordered it yet but...

12/6/21 @ 6:14 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Size it to the biggest lake you may fish.  I have a 17 ft with a 25 to handle Pewaukee.  I have looked at much smaller,  but either would not trust them in a sudden storm and weight capacities.  Plus the smaller ones did not have a lot of height above water.  Rode on flat pontoons instead of tubes  . 

With a trailer and engine,  about 5500.00 a few years ago .

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE