Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Mice

10/30/19 @ 7:48 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Now that I put my rig in the garage Ive been thinking about the mouse urine problem.  Are there any thoughts about swabbing some cotton with Fox urine and putting it in a couple of the boats storage areas?        CARPIO 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 50 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/6/19 @ 9:59 AM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15

menards lavender is pretty close to a WMD minus the boat destruction................

11/6/19 @ 9:08 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Thanks chaw!    I’ll settle down and re-think that option.   

11/6/19 @ 8:41 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

The Banjo Minnow of pest control. I smell a rat and if you go with that device you will too. 

Go with the strong scents Carpio. That device may work but you can do just fine with mothballs, lavender, dryer sheets, cedar, Irish Spring, etc. Those are all cheap options that work so why take a chance? I don’t want mice throwing a rave in your storage areas. 

How effective is ultrasonic pest control?
Pest behavior can be affected by certain ultrasonic sounds when administered in a very specific way, but this is a technology that is not commercially-available. While some ultrasonic repellents may have a minor short-term impact on some pests, most don't effectively control them.

Don’t forget if you have pets that sound may not agree with them.

11/6/19 @ 8:24 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Amazing devices, computers!    After going back to the MICE thread to re-read about cedar and lavender packets an ad popped up for.   ” Ultrasonic Pest Defender”. It sounds promising!    Apparently nobody has tried one out so I’ll probably give it a try.     CARPIO 

11/5/19 @ 4:49 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I hear ya nif, but when you throw away the deodorizer in the spring, and take the cover off, the boat airs out quickly.  

When you put a bunch of mothballs in a 1/2 dozen socks, and then put the cover on your boat, the smell takes forever to leave in spring.  

Fast forward 3 months and your boat cover still stinks like mothballs.  

I remember about three springs ago, my family took a trip to the Wolf River, and the whole trip in our boat, I smelled nothing but mothballs.  

I thought there had to be a better way...  so lavender it is lol

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/4/19 @ 9:15 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

now it smells like a french whorehouse, lol... but rodent free

11/4/19 @ 8:08 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Mice don’t care for any strong odors, Irish Spring soap, lavender, mothballs, cedar, all do the trick.

The problem with dryer sheets is that they lose their odor over time, and end up being nesting material.

Mothballs work, but I don't much care for the lingering odor...

The cheap lavender deodorizers from Menards do the trick - and your boat won’t smell like mothballs!

I just put my boat in storage with 8 lavender deoderizers - it’s pungent stuff, especially after you put the cover over it.  

It’s the way to go from my experience, and your boat won’t smell like mothballs...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/4/19 @ 6:32 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

X-Ray, you may have to rename your boat to "ooohhh la la" lol

11/4/19 @ 12:48 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

X. I hear you!   My garage reeks of moth balls!  I’m thinking of taking them out and trying something else. I’ll have to read up on that cedar thing. I’ve had 6 traps in the boat for a week now and no mice. CARPIO 

11/4/19 @ 11:05 AM
bassball
User since 7/25/07

Menards sells cedar packets. Mice do not like the odor from the cedar.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 50 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.